Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Got the master list updated! (Sorry for the delay)

For those of you who are interested in helping out and/or participating in "Abstract Friday" in the auditorium, please contact me or Jason (Saltydog) so we can get things planned.

With regard to DJ's in Club-SELEM, I think we should probably put a time schedule together so everyone can plan out their set and we'll all know when they will be playing. Anyone feel like taking on the challenge of organizing all the DJs?

I started a new thread to discuss the LSO class, but it looks like we can make this happen this year. (Need confirmations from people ASAP)

Still looking for more logo ideas for the shirts this year. Anyone else want to share their ideas?

Oh yeah, and just a reminder: Early registration is now closed. But you still have until July 20th to get registered and be guaranteed a shirt. After that, the price goes up even more and you may not get a shirt (depends on how many extras we have left).

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

count me in for abstract friday..

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

For those of you who are interested in helping out and/or participating in "Abstract Friday" in the auditorium, please contact me or Jason (Saltydog) so we can get things planned.

With regard to DJ's in Club-SELEM, I think we should probably put a time schedule together so everyone can plan out their set and we'll all know when they will be playing. Anyone feel like taking on the challenge of organizing all the DJs?

I started a new thread to discuss the LSO class, but it looks like we can make this happen this year. (Need confirmations from people ASAP)

Still looking for more logo ideas for the shirts this year. Anyone else want to share their ideas?

Oh yeah, and just a reminder: Early registration is now closed. But you still have until July 20th to get registered and be guaranteed a shirt. After that, the price goes up even more and you may not get a shirt (depends on how many extras we have left).

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Last year @Bluefang made the post below about two DJ sets he was planning on playing. Unfortunately I had to leave for another event the times he was scheduled to play them and I totally missed it (if it even happened at all). If he's going to be at SELEM XII, I'd like to respectfully request a do-over? I'm not leaving this time.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    I am actually interested in DJing a 90-120 minute set of music. Not sure if that is what is being proposed here. Actually, not sure exactly what is being proposed here - but I would like to add my opinion that last year's music choice was a little on the monotonous side (that's putting it lightly).

There are two directions I would be interested in exploring with a DJ set (could possibly be two different DJ sets or an interesting mix somehow given I have the time to prepare)... One direction, in keeping with the EDMish theme, would be Deep House / breaks. Deep House is no where near as fast as modern day EDM (Deep House = 115-130bpm). It is no where near as boring . It is no where near as generic. Deep House typically integrates elements of Techno, Jazz, Bossa, Samba, and many other elements of world music.

Another direction I find interesting is harder to explain - but could best be describe as a curated music journey - just simply good stuff.

Listing Deep House artists is a bit difficult, as apart from the early influences of Chicago house and later SF psychedelic house, many deep house artists / DJs hide behind white labels and obscure aliases, but here are a few:

Derick Carter
    Carl Cox
    Mark Farina
    DJ Rasoul
    Garth & Jeno
    Kevin Yost
    Hardkiss
    DubTribe

I caught part of Johnny's first set last year and it was great! I'm sure he'll want to do something similar this year...

Adam

I caught part of Johnny's first set last year and it was great! I'm sure he'll want to do something similar this year...

Adam
    But did you see his live show using Maxwell in the auditorium?? It was breath-taking!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Paid.
    count me in for 2019 too.

Note for the "side trip down to Carowinds"
    when you get there and are in the parking lot. Dont go to the first gate (north gate) with all the cars. keep driving and use the South gate its lot less people (its right at AfterBurn).
    Last edited by badscr; 06-02-2018 at 17:04.

Small correction SaltyRobot is Jason. My dad Tom is SaltyDog.

We both will be bringing our live consoles. He will have a few 30 minute sets of classic rock to work in here and there. I am thinking about doing an early day set to Daft Punk Random Access Memory to get warmed up. Also have a set schedule with Will to do a Psy Trance performance. Probably want to do that a little later in the evening. Would also love to collaborate on some Pink Floyd and what ever else that day.

For those of you who are interested in helping out and/or participating in "Abstract Friday" in the auditorium, please contact me or Jason (Saltydog)

Adam
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by badscr View Post
    Note for the "side trip down to Carowinds"
    when you get there and are in the parking lot. Dont go to the first gate (north gate) with all the cars. keep driving and use the South gate its lot less people (its right at AfterBurn).
    Great, thanks. I'll be going down on Tuesday after SELEM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    But did you see his live show using Maxwell in the auditorium?? It was breath-taking!
    Sadly, no - I missed nearly all of it. Caught the last minute or two, and I agree it looked great. Wish I could have seen more of it, but I was tied up elsewhere. Hopefully he'll do it again this year. (Or maybe he'll want to do something for "Abstract Friday" too?) I haven't heard anything from Johnny lately...

Quote Originally Posted by badscr View Post
    Paid.
    Got you on the list! And I agree 100% with your advice to the folks planning to go to Carowinds... If you drive down to the far end of the parking lot (just head south east and keep looking for the "Afterburn" inverted roller coaster with the light gray track), you can park right next to the south entrance gate and get into (and out of) the park much quicker. Hardly anyone parks down there anymore, so you can get really close. Plus if you get there early there normally isn't a line for Afterburn, so you can ride it 2 or 3 times in rapid succession, which is always a great way to start your day at Carowinds.

Granted, if you arrive at the park right when it first opens it doesn't really matter where you park as the main entrance doesn't start to get crowded until 30 min - 1 hr after opening. But if you get there after 11 AM, you are far better off heading to the back. Also, the folks who go in the main entrance almost always head for one of 2 rides: Intimidator or Fury 325. So if you see long lines there, try heading to the back of the park to knock out some of those rides first (which will have shorter lines) before returning for the two biggies up front.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Small correction SaltyRobot is Jason. My dad Tom is SaltyDog.
    D'oh! Can't believe I screwed that up. Thanks for the correction though.

We both will be bringing our live consoles. He will have a few 30 minute sets of classic rock to work in here and there. I am thinking about doing an early day set to Daft Punk Random Access Memory to get warmed up. Also have a set schedule with Will to do a Psy Trance performance.
    Nice! We need to start fleshing out a schedule. I know that DZ and CountFunkula want to do a couple Pink Floyd sets too. Maybe we can hash something out at FLEM in a few weeks? Then Kumpula can publish a tentative first-draft...

Adam

PS: Still looking for more logo submissions. Anyone have any ideas?

PS: Still looking for more logo submissions. Anyone have any ideas?
    Here's are a couple variations...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unitag_QRCode_1528292113753.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	54190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qr2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	54191
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 06-06-2018 at 06:02.