Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I hoped holding out would give a better flight but the prices of flights shot out of the roof.
    Sorry you won't be able to join us Pieter. But yeah, I had a quick look myself, and the prices are up 300% from when I looked in January.

I will likely send some kind of laser short or something funny to use at the lem. I'll probably wrap this one up and send it.
    HAHA! Alex Jones... That guy is a never-ending fountain of crazy!

Here's the video I saw with that audio:

And of course, the source for the original quote, if you happen to be out of the loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePLkAm8i2s&t=50

Skip forward to around 50 seconds in to catch the famous line, or listen to the whole thing for an overdose of right-wing conspiracy-theorist craziness.

Adam

PS: The nugget of truth hidden in this mountain of bullshit is this: there is an african frog that can spontaneously change it's sex from male to female when exposed to significant doses of Atrazine (a common weed killer). It's because the pesticide interferes with the endocrine system, altering key hormones that regulate reproduction. Note, however, that only about 10% of the frogs change sex. The majority of them (70%) are rendered sterile altogether, and the remaining 20% are unaffected.

Turn the Friggin Frogs Gay

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whelp I'm not gonna miss 2 in a row. Hoping to drive down Thursday or Friday but It looks like my car may not pass inspection got to get new break pads at the very least. Will be a last minute decision as always with me.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    PS: The nugget of truth hidden in this mountain of bullshit is this: there is an african frog that can spontaneously change it's sex from male to female when exposed to significant doses of Atrazine (a common weed killer). It's because the pesticide interferes with the endocrine system, altering key hormones that regulate reproduction. Note, however, that only about 10% of the frogs change sex. The majority of them (70%) are rendered sterile altogether, and the remaining 20% are unaffected.
    Yeah, right. Nice work trying to cover up for the gay frog political agenda.

Hey guys!! Can't wait to make it again. Since I'm flying in vs driving from Kentucky I will be packing light.. light eh!?! So no kvant or super bright lumia. But I will have a fb3 and my laptop.
    I also won't have to wife to break down the door to the conference room either.. wild bird she is.
    Super excited to see a lot of you and possibly meet new ones.

So... The conference room at the Holiday Inn Express doesn't exist anymore.

I've discussed this with the manager, and she was thinking about giving us a room to use for laser projections after-hours. My thought was a standard room with the beds and furniture removed would be perfect. We'll see how that goes though.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    So... The conference room at the Holiday Inn Express doesn't exist anymore.

I've discussed this with the manager, and she was thinking about giving us a room to use for laser projections after-hours. My thought was a standard room with the beds and furniture removed would be perfect. We'll see how that goes though.

Adam
    Laser pool party to the detriment of all other guests.

I can bring my simple underwater laser projector I built.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post

I think you need to bring it anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Laser pool party to the detriment of all other guests.

this reminds me, I need a new bathing suit.

I think I’m rolling in Thursday sometime after noon, basically dropping daughter off at camp then starting the drive down with my son.

pretty excited.

Underwater laser you say!! Sweet. Someone at least needs to bring a kiddy pool. Or maybe a sprinkler? Might give a poor man's water screen effect