Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Paid! XL shirt, please (forgot to include that in the paypal payment!)

If anyone else likes roller coasters, I am considering taking a side trip down to Carowinds on Monday before I head north to Chicago for another event that week.

https://www.carowinds.com/

Paid for 2

icecruncher
    and
    chexmex

Looking forward to again.

Thumbs up

Registered Attendee List updated...

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    PAID!
    3rd.
    Actually, you're 7th on the list. Word spreads fast once the sign-up thread goes up! (And yes, all names are added to the list in the order they register, using the time-stamp of the paypal payment to determine order.)

Quote Originally Posted by singlemode View Post
    I have finally joined the whitelight club this year too, so there will be two more ArKrs coming down with me!
    Excellent! Do you plan to have them in the ion laser work room, or do you want to set them up in the auditorium? (Do they have scan heads?) If you are going to put them in the auditorium, please coordinate with David (CountFunkula) and/or David (DZ) so we can ensure the 3 phase power and water lines are positioned correctly during load-in.

Re: meeting room at the Holiday Inn Express - As long as we're still close enough to the breakfast area to smell when that first tray of cinnamon rolls comes out!
    Unfortunately we may end up being down the hall a bit if we have to move the "party room" into one of the regular guest rooms. The manager was talking about giving us a suite to use, but I honestly think a regular room would be better *if* they can remove the two queen beds to give us a large open space... Still kicking that one around though.

Worst case, we can just congregate in the area near the lobby (where the fireplace used to be... They took the fireplace out during the remodeling). Only problem is that we couldn't run laser shows in the lobby...

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    If anyone else likes roller coasters, I am considering taking a side trip down to Carowinds on Monday before I head north to Chicago for another event that week.
    I thought you were considering taking the ILDA LSO class on Monday?

That being said, if anyone does go to Carowinds at any time during SELEM, you absolutely must ride Fury 325, Intimidator, and Afterburn. They have lots of other great roller coasters there, but those 3 in particular are world-class. Note that Carowinds is now owned and operated by Cedar Park Amusements, which is why they've spent so much money upgrading the park over the past 5 years. It's way better than it ever was back when Paramount owned the place.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I thought you were considering taking the ILDA LSO class on Monday?
    I am considering both. I'm waiting for the schedule for the event in Chicago to be posted to see if I can move the Carowinds trip to Tuesday and arrive in Chicago on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That being said, if anyone does go to Carowinds at any time during SELEM, you absolutely must ride Fury 325, Intimidator, and Afterburn. They have lots of other great roller coasters there, but those 3 in particular are world-class. Note that Carowinds is now owned and operated by Cedar Park Amusements, which is why they've spent so much money upgrading the park over the past 5 years. It's way better than it ever was back when Paramount owned the place.
    Yeah, I was looking at those POV videos last night! Side note, I'm also stopping at Cedar Point in Ohio on my drive back home the following week.

Woohoo!! Sign me up! This will be my second selem and forth lem!! I gotta check some finances before payment first. I'll keep in touch adam!!

Payment sent.
    Forgot to add a note saying Medium shirt please.

I'll register for Myself and Bill sometime around July 22 or 23rd im sure
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

I'll hold off on buying the tickets for a moment but I am coming as well. Flying has become a lot cheaper these days too.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Cool PJ, it’ll be nice to finally meet you!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

This will be his second SELEM, assuming he can make the trip this year.

Adam