Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I love it, but it needs a '12' in there somewhere, yes?
    Hold my beer, I've got this.

Sal, I can't see your attachment at all. Can you re-host it on imgur?

I like PJ's logo, but I agree it needs either the year or the number 12 in it.

Adam Raugh's second logo (with the colored bar) is also nice!

Adam

I will add a number later today

Anybody coming down from Cleveland/Akron area? Got ok from wife to come so need to figure the how and where’s

Steve Roberts is still considering attending. He'd be the closest I think.

Otherwise you might want to check with Chad (Fog-Man) from Michigan. He usually drives to SELEM, so he might be able to give you a lift. Also, Bradstockdale is somewhere close to Pittsburgh, so maybe you could meet up with him and then carpool...

Adam

Anyone interested let me know

Reg'd will see y'all there!

Thumbs up SELEM update

Hi guys!

Just got back from FLEM (what a great event that was!) and I finally got around to updating the registered attendees list for SELEM. Please note that the deadline for early registration is May 31st. Just 3 more days until the cost goes up!

We haven't selected a logo for this year's SELEM yet. A few people mentioned that they were working on logos, so if you've got an idea, please post it in this thread. We have about 6 weeks before the design needs to be finalized.

The town of Newton is still committed to the outdoor symphony orchestra concert on Sunday night at the close of SELEM, and a group of SELEM attendees will be doing live lasers (both beams and graphics) to accompany that concert just as we did last year. More details will be coming soon; we're just waiting for the conductor to tell us which musical pieces he has selected for the concert.

Several people have spoken with me in private about new laser shows that they will be bringing to SELEM to run for the first time. I'm very excited to see some of these new shows! Also, we have some more new faces who will be attending for the first time this year, including a few experienced laserists who are not as yet active here on the forum.

There is going to be something new this year in the auditorium. Several SELEM veterans have been working behind the scenes to make "ABSTRACT FRIDAY" happen. This is going to be an all-day event in the Auditorium. It will extend into the evening for sure, and perhaps into the late night as well. It may not last all the way until 2 AM, if only because our console operators may end up exhausted after hours and hours of intense concentration, but we'll see. If they do need a break, we can go back to running pre-choreographed content if need be.

On Friday in the morning and early afternoon we'll be setting up multiple ion lasers in the auditorium. This will require that the house lights be on for several hours while everything is aligned and tweaked. (Power and water lines will be pre-staged during load-in to make this go as smoothly as possible.) We will also be moving in some special consoles and control equipment to the normal front-of-house location. Once everything is set up, we'll start running LIVE ABSTRACT SHOWS in the auditorium.

Several PL members have requested time to perform shows to various pieces of music, and there will be at least a few time slots reserved for a "mass abstract" live show with multiple laserists running multiple consoles simultaneously. We are developing a list of music at the moment, and we are open to suggestions as well.

This is something we've wanted to do for a while now, and with all the renewed interest in both ion projectors *and* old-school abstract effects, I think it's going to be very special. However, due to the power and water requirements of the ion lasers, it will require a bit more setup time than usual. I ask that everyone be patient with us while this is being done.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out with this portion of the event, please contact me and I will put you in touch with the folks who are graciously volunteering their time (and equipment) to make this happen. I'm sure they would welcome the assistance! (Note that "ABSTRACT FRIDAY" will not be limited exclusively to ion projectors... We will have some solid state projectors operating as well.) Also, if anyone would like to participate in this event as a performer, please speak up so we can include you in the planning process!

10 weeks and counting people... SELEM will be here before you know it!

Adam

i would like to play abstracts again if there is space, give me a low priority if there are others that are new/want to do it

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hi guys!

(Note that "ABSTRACT FRIDAY" will not be limited exclusively to ion projectors... We will have some solid state projectors operating as well.) Also, if anyone would like to participate in this event as a performer, please speak up so we can include you in the planning process!

10 weeks and counting people... SELEM will be here before you know it!

Adam
    Abstracts and beams go together well too, just ask Swami perhaps a little impromptu beam+abstracts are in order?