Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post

Adam,
    I don't want to shut down club SELEM just so we can do indoor drone racing, but other than wiggling in where I can in the lobby or back stage, I can't think of anywhere else to go.
    How fun would it be to race up and down the stair well to the second floor, hall and around the first class room? I think my video would work just fine flying from the lobby. It would suck if we crash upstairs and need to go get the quad. Thoughts?

Chris
    So I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if the signals would be strong enough to go through all the walls involved.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock
    How fun would it be to race up and down the stair well to the second floor, hall and around the first class room?

That would be great! But like Jason, I'm wondering if we might lose video signal. However, it's something we could test on Tuesday during setup easily enough. If it works, then I agree it would be a much more challenging layout. And it wouldn't interfere with anything going on in the club if we did it in the main building.

But if it won't work in there, we can also do it in the cafeteria. It doesn't take that long to set up and tear down, after all...

Adam