Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2018 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post

Adam,
    I don't want to shut down club SELEM just so we can do indoor drone racing, but other than wiggling in where I can in the lobby or back stage, I can't think of anywhere else to go.
    How fun would it be to race up and down the stair well to the second floor, hall and around the first class room? I think my video would work just fine flying from the lobby. It would suck if we crash upstairs and need to go get the quad. Thoughts?

Chris
    So I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure if the signals would be strong enough to go through all the walls involved.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock
    How fun would it be to race up and down the stair well to the second floor, hall and around the first class room?

That would be great! But like Jason, I'm wondering if we might lose video signal. However, it's something we could test on Tuesday during setup easily enough. If it works, then I agree it would be a much more challenging layout. And it wouldn't interfere with anything going on in the club if we did it in the main building.

But if it won't work in there, we can also do it in the cafeteria. It doesn't take that long to set up and tear down, after all...

Adam

I'll be registering Friday for my first SELEM, I'm still a laser noob (got my first real one about a year ago), have been on the irc chat a few times and gotten some solid help from those folks

If I fly into Charlotte and rent a car how far is a drive is it? Any hotel suggestions?

What are the details on the LSO training?

Attachment 54269
    Debating if I should attempt it in the ol danger ranger after its not so stellar performance at FLEM, but hoping to make it one way or another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-07-02 14.39.45.jpg  

Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Do we have enough people for the class yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    If I fly into Charlotte and rent a car how far is a drive is it? Any hotel suggestions?
    It's a little under an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by 532withEnvy View Post
    I'm not counting, but I think we're at three people committed. Need at least two more.

See this thread: https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...2018-post-here

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by krztov View Post
    I'll be registering Friday for my first SELEM
    Looking forward to meeting you! The experience you've had in the chat room is much the same as you'll find at SELEM: lots of friendly, helpful folks milling about who are more than happy to answer your questions. Plus you can actually play with the hardware at SELEM, which is really cool.

As Hank mentioned, it's about 50 minutes from the airport to the venue. Call it another 5 or 10 minutes to the hotel. Most people stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Conover. Mention the "SELEM Laser Group" to get the group rate. See the first post in this thread for more info about the hotel. (There are plenty of other hotels along the I-40 corridor if you don't want to stay at the Holiday Inn. But most of the SELEM attendees will be there, and usually we have laser geeks chatting in the lobby at all hours of the day and night...)

We have 5 people now, so it's a go. Class will be held on Wednesday, August 8th and Thursday, August 9th from 9 AM until 1 PM each day at the Auditorium in one of the upstairs classrooms. I sent an e-mail to Patrick Murphy again this morning asking about how people can register and pay for the course. Hope to have those details ready to post here soon...

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Debating if I should attempt it in the ol danger ranger after its not so stellar performance at FLEM, but hoping to make it one way or another.
    HAHA! Push it, pull it, or tow it, right? Will be good to see you again Ryan. But yeah, I don't know if I'd trust the Ranger for a trip of that length! (If you do get into a jam though, there are 5 separate Advance Auto Parts stores within a 10 mile radius of the venue...)

Quote Originally Posted by 532withEnvy View Post
    Yes. We have DJEric, Bill Witcher, Hank, and two other people. If you're still interested, you will be #6. And if Marc can make it, he will be #7.

I'm just waiting for info on how to register and pay for the course from Patrick...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Looking forward to meeting you! The experience you've had in the chat room is much the same as you'll find at SELEM: lots of friendly, helpful folks milling about who are more than happy to answer your questions. Plus you can actually play with the hardware at SELEM, which is really cool.
    Between those guys and Adam at X-Laser I’ve had some solid intro to laser stuff, I’ll likely bring my new X-Laser HPX M-2. Wife likes watching my laser shows in basement so she will enjoy coming with me to this

Quote Originally Posted by krztov View Post
    Between those guys and Adam at X-Laser I’ve had some solid intro to laser stuff
    +1 for Adam Raugh being a great guy. He's super-helpful!

I’ll likely bring my new X-Laser HPX M-2.
    Cool. I've rented some of the larger HPX Tour units, but I haven't had a chance to play with the standard HPX model. The M-2 has Mercury built-in, right?

Wife likes watching my laser shows in basement so she will enjoy coming with me to this
    She's going to be blown away when she sees the auditorium... And as for "Club-SELEM", well, that's a whole different level of cool!

Adam