Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9v power supply - where??

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default 9v power supply - where??

Hey all. I can't believe this is that hard but, I need the help of some of the electronic guru's on here. I am looking for a 9 volt power supply to power 3 little RGB single mode diodes that are going to be built into a small projector. Rob Stanley and I set them up at the UKLEM and we set his drivers for 9 volts and they're each set at around 200mA. In searching... all I'm finding are wall worts or... if it's a small caged supply like I'd like - what little I'm finding is back ordered for weeks or months. Meanwell has one but it puts out like 11.2 amps, is huge and, is back ordered until the end of May. I'm thinking that's overkill. Should this be this hard??? I think I'm searching using the right terminology but, sure as heck aren't finding much.
    PM Sent...

12v supply. Lm7809. Add a heatsink. Two caps done. I’m doing the same with Lovell drivers. Ps never ever ever put 9v to the modulation line or puff.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how about one of these:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...E5Unjelg%3d%3d

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Hey all. I can't believe this is that hard but, I need the help of some of the electronic guru's on here. I am looking for a 9 volt power supply to power 3 little RGB single mode diodes that are going to be built into a small projector. Rob Stanley and I set them up at the UKLEM and we set his drivers for 9 volts and they're each set at around 200mA. In searching... all I'm finding are wall worts or... if it's a small caged supply like I'd like - what little I'm finding is back ordered for weeks or months. Meanwell has one but it puts out like 11.2 amps, is huge and, is back ordered until the end of May. I'm thinking that's overkill. Should this be this hard??? I think I'm searching using the right terminology but, sure as heck aren't finding much.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. No more calls. We have a winner. Yes, that's along the lines of what I was trying to find. I think I was even on Mouser's page but may not have been entering the right search info. I'll order one shortly. Thanks!

And thanks Ed for your PM but, that's the same sort of wall wortish kind of thing I didn't want to stick in the projector.
    PM Sent...

I think there is a pot in most meanwell supplies too that you can adjust the voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I think there is a pot in most meanwell supplies too that you can adjust the voltage.
    Yes, in many of them I believe you can although, the ones I looked at, didn't fall in the 9v range. You could turn up a 5 and turn down a 12 but not quite to 9. That doesn't mean there aren't ones that do - just the ones I saw didn't.
    PM Sent...

If you hack saw off 1/3 of 12v supply you’ll be left with a 9v......

change the reference voltage. Just a resistor. Usually easy once you find it.

What's wrong with a switching 9V Wall Wart ???

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

they only work with walls.....🙄

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    What's wrong with a switching 9V Wall Wart ???

Jerry
    Technically probably nothing but, if you're going to build a nice projector, my preference would be putting in a proper power supply over jury rigging an ac wall pack. Granted, most people don't see inside the case but, I'd know it was sorta ghetto inside if I did that.
    PM Sent...