Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: most suitable motor for a shutter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Instead of saying something like, "Unfortunately the VRAD is a bit too expensive for the budget of this project..." The response was simply.... "the VRAD would suck for this".
    Way to misquote someone, here's the whole sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by shoujin View Post
    Really appreciate the help, but Vrad will absolutely suck for this.
    On a different note, what I have always failed to understand is a persons need to create multiple accounts/screen names to perhaps deceptively try to hide from previous postings or maybe conflicts. Seems to happen a lot on here.
    I can only speak for myself when I say I have no intention to deceive anyone. I just had to drop my old account because numerous times Adam, feeling offended and feeling he is just in being offensive in return would continuously judge things I say from my previous posts, even dating back a whole year, keep offending me because he thought it was justified, contacting admins, contacting and discussing my behavior with other members (some of whom as I said would message me in return telling me to try to ignore all this), would PM me with condenscending messages like I'm his kid and he has any right to talk down on someone else or teach them manners without knowing anything about them, their age, etc., would try to psychoanalyze me. This kept happening far too often and was both creepy and annoying so I felt I had no choice but to create another account to literally get away from his grudges. I talked about this with another long time member over here over PM and he told me "that's just how he is".
    Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    It's because this person was here before, trying to scrape PL for information on how to build some advanced optical projects that normally take millions of dollars and a gang of engineers to develop. They also wanted to do it cheaply. When the answers weren't satisfactory enough, they started behaving the same way.
    And you know it was me because...?
    They tried LPF, Reddit and other forums and found that some of the most experienced optical engineers were here and decided to try scraping again as a different user.
    Have some humility.
    I am probably wrong
    Yes.
    Anyway, I wish they were a little more humble and way more honest about their intentions here.
    I literally gave links and a full blown explanations on my projects when asked.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You are correct.... I did paraphrase you in that particular sentence. I believe anyone following the thread will recognize that you did in fact say, "Really appreciate the help but," first.
    Although, to be fair, in the subsequent sentence I did say...
    But when you come back with, "Thanks but, your suggestion sucked...." well then, it's naturally going to elicit a negative response in someone.
    So I *did* reference the fact that you offered thanks for the response first.
    PM Sent...

And you know it was me because...?
    I don't, just conjecture.

Have some humility.
    Oh, I do. I am humbled by the fact that there are so many people here who have, not only decades of experience but vast amounts of education. They know infinite volumes more than I will ever know. It's why I stay here. It's why I turn to their experience when I don't have an answer. I come here to learn. I also pay to use this forum because compared to this collection of great minds, it's the only way I can contribute and pay back for what has been given to me. Humility? Right back at you, dude. These people aren't your personal wiki and they know more than you do.

As far as being incorrect about my speculation, so be it, I am wrong.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 04-19-2018 at 07:07.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    But when you come back with, "Thanks but, your suggestion sucked...."
    No I said "Vrad will absolutely suck for this". There's a difference between that and "your suggestion sucked" which is of course plain rude. If anyone were to be offended by this I'd imagine it would have to be the manufacturer of said product, if I hadn't mentioned the price is the issue rather than quality.

But I agree he most likely acted the way he did because he felt offended, as always. He always uses that as justification to offend himself, harass, bully until I either quit trying to reason with him publicly or over PMs. Simple apology hasn't helped stop the shitshow before either so I'm not going to try it anymore. Only a 100% acceptance of every assumption and accusation he has made. Not going to happen. Just look at his posts, every time the alleged offender towards him can’t simply be an offender towards him that should aplogize to him but a villain who has been offensive and rude to everyone he has ever talked to and he has proof in form of private messages to other members and a forensic study of all of my forum activity in the past month. That's crossing the line even if you feel offended.

Oh, I do.
    I'm sorry, I meant have some humility for your group (forum).
    Every community I mentioned has science advisors, researchers, engineers, all types of very clever and experienced folks. PL isn't the best of the bunch, I'm not here because I "found that some of the most experienced optical engineers were here" but because it is unique like every other community and some people I know and consider a friend only frequent here, some only visit other sites. So all your accusations are just assumptions and I don't consider these people my personal wiki. Also no idea why you feel the need to make such negative assumptions and present them as if they are facts by starting with a “It's because”.
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 07:21.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

if I hadn't mentioned the price is the issue rather than quality.
    True... they aren't inexpensive. I have four of them on a lumia rig. Built like a tank but, not for the faint of wallet.
    PM Sent...

Every community I mentioned has science advisors, researchers, engineers, all types of very clever and experienced folks.
    True. I never said anything to the contrary. I also never said the people here were the only people in the world with experience.

I am negative because you have been here (this time) a little over a month and have opened 20 threads with requests for information. When the information is presented, it is dismissed or argued with. Sorry, it just feels like you're scraping along with being ungrateful. Bowing out now. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Why can't his assertion be accepted that the price of a vrad is not acceptable for his application? He may not be needing bulk.
    As Brad already mentioned, if he had simply admitted that his initial question ("most suitable motor for a shutter") did not fully convey his needs ("also needs to be very inexpensive"), there wouldn't have been an issue at all.

Also, if this was the first time it had happened, again - no issue.

But it's happening in multiple threads, to multiple members, in response to multiple topics. You may or may not have read those other threads. (You haven't posted in them.) But briefly: what started as a wake-up call turned into more drama, leading to his admission that he uses multiple accounts to hide behind. That's pretty clear evidence that this sort of thing has been going on for a long time. In my opinion, Absolom's summary is spot-on.

I'll take the blame for calling him out on his attitude in public. But I also checked with others first, just to be sure I wasn't being overly sensitive. (And for the record, none of the people I spoke with via PM have posted in this thread; there's no astro-turfing going on here - the reactions of others in this thread have not in any way been prompted by me.)

Adam

I am negative because you have been here (this time) a little over a month and have opened 20 threads with requests for information. When the information is presented, it is dismissed or argued with. Sorry, it just feels like you're scraping along with being ungrateful. Bowing out now. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    That is just utter dishonesty, I have asked 20 questions from which 2 have no replies, 12 with accepted answers and and 6 without a satisfactory answer (but never "dismissed or argued with"), including this thread. Here's another statistic: you have replied to zero of my threads, until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    leading to his admission that he uses multiple accounts to hide behind. That's pretty clear evidence that this sort of thing has been going on for a long time.
    Ugh, this is what you always do. As I have already explained, me abandoning my old profile (which by the way is different from using multiple accounts, but you only read what you want) has everything to do with your continuing obsessive, creepy behavior and zero to do with anyone else here. if you message people you choose, with leading questions, it isn't far fetched that you'll get an answer you want. But no, my issue is and has been only you.
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 08:16.

my issue is and has been only you.
    And yet you are also arguing with others, even in this very thread... And I've already stated that I haven't spoken with anyone in this thread about your behavior. That should tell you something!

Face it dude: you're being an ass. You've done it before and been called out in the court of public opinion. Learn from that mistake! Admitting it is the first step to fixing it.

Or stick your head in the sand, blame everyone else (but not yourself), start a new account, and go through the same process in another couple years. Your call...

Adam

EDIT: I just have to ask though: Zorn, or Cypher0? (both?) Morbid curiosity has gotten the better of me!
    Last edited by buffo; 04-19-2018 at 08:45.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    And yet you are also arguing with others, even in this very thread...
    And who started the argument? Who starts the argument, every time? All you do every time is make public accusations and PM gossip and destroy a person's pubic image, then go "see, it aint just me". Who has agreed with you, absolom7691 who admitted he is making assumptions and made a false claim, or Bradfo69 who isn't even arguing? Should I act like you and say,"oh, look, JohnYayas is on my side"? No because this isn't a kindergarden. Count the number of insults you've made here towards me and compare to me and then come back to talk about being an ass.