Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: most suitable motor for a shutter?

If you mean to ask, who is the first one to call you out for bad behavior, then I'll admit I was one of the first to do so directly for your latest user account. Although if you read through some of your recent threads you should be able to detect the rising distaste in other people's replies too.

Or maybe you won't detect it - it could just be that you genuinely don't realize your effect on people. If that is the case, then that is really unfortunate.

But if you can be honest with yourself for one moment, you need to acknowledge this fact: your problems here on PL are not exclusive to me, no matter how much you might want to blame them all on me.

It would be quite helpful for you to go through some of your other, now abandoned accounts and read some of the things you've written to other people before you continue to insist that I am the sole source of your problems. Because you've started arguments with several people, and some of them have been downright nasty compared to this thread. (Remember what you said to Stiffler?)

Also, know this: if you *ever* have to resort to sock-puppet accounts to try to "win" an argument, you have already lost. An argument is not something you should focus on "winning" in the first place. It's a tool to explore the limits of your knowledge so you can learn from the experience.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    your problems here on PL are not exclusive to me
    They are. Simple fact that there isn't ANY issue in any other community because you aren't around is enough evidence for me. Everything else you wrote is something only you can decipher and understand what the hell you are talking about.

...because this isn't a kindergarden.
    ... is it?

This thread is sort of intersting ... but mostly in terms of "learning arguing in English" ;-/

Viktor

Quote Originally Posted by shoujin View Post
    Everything else you wrote is something only you can decipher.
    Sigh. Ok. You don't want to admit it? Fine. Let me spare you the trouble. But remember, you had your chance to be honest with everyone and you decided to double down on the lie instead.

For the benefit of everyone else:
    The source IP addresses for your account have only been used by a *tiny* subset of the userbase. Tellingly, the addresses are all TOR network exit nodes in eastern Europe. And those addresses have only been used by this handful of user accounts that all display the same pattern: demanding questions, a strong mistrust /aversion to anything expensive, and all have been involved in flame wars with senior members. The most egregious offenders were "Zorn", Dream", and "cypher0". My post about pl member stiffler (from Michigan) was in reference to one of those flame wars that you started.

As I explained to you back in 2014 via private message, TOR is really not as anonymous as you have been led to believe. In particular, when almost no one else uses it, the lone TOR user sticks out like a sore thumb. You are still using it and betraying your identity every time. (As if your attitude doesn't do that already.)

Deny it all you want. User logs don't lie. You are a sock-puppeting piece of shit and you know it.

Adam

Quit with the "everyone", for the third time, you're the problem, don't try to make it about everyone.

Look up the definition of sock puppet.

Nowhere else and nobody else goes out of their way to get or lies about getting IP addresses from an admin while not being even a moderator themselves, then posting about it publicly because they feel they are just in doing so. This is complete lack of respect of anonymity of users, and in some places also illegal. Have fun with the ip. No wonder people use vpns where you frequent.
    Oh and nice try, Tor exit nodes are random and not based on your location. That's the whole point of VPNs.

Do you realize what you are doing? Just for feeling offended, you've
    1) spammed
    2) resorted to name calling
    3) attempted doxxing
    All because you feel you're justified, for being offended? Wow.
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 13:48.

I'm the problem too, or at least I'm making myself the problem. Now you have two people you can rail against here.

And, by the way, I did ask your intended application. I'm a solution provider by trade. My first question is always, "What are you trying to do?" I asked you that on the first page. You replied to me to rail against Pango. Fine. You never answered the question. It's cool, I don't even want to know anymore. Good luck with your projects.

I'm afraid that can't be one way and you're not a problem for me.

And I had mentioned I need this for a led beam so I didn't really understand you're question about my intended application. Maybe I was using the term shutter wrongly.
    EDIT: yeah, I was...
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by shoujin View Post
    Quit with the "everyone", for the third time, you're the problem, don't try to make it about everyone.
    You just don't know when to stop digging, do you? When faced with evidence of your previous sock-puppet accounts you should also realize that it's trivial to see who you've flamed over the years. Don't tell me you've forgotten the names already? Guess you never considered the possibility that those people talk to each other, or to me, or to Spec? (You do realize that we all meet up in real life at these things called "Laser Enthusiast's Meetings" and talk about stuff, right?)

Did it ever occur to you that some of the people you've argued with might be present on other forums you frequent? Or that they might be motivated by your behavior there to notify people here that you were considered an asshole there as well?

I wouldn't expect a 30-year-old to be that naive when it comes to human nature...

You really are out of your depth here and yet, amazingly, you still can't understand why. I've honestly never seen a bigger case of denial! Turns out you have left a train wreck of posts across multiple forums. And when you wear out a user name, you just create a new one and start over. And to think this has been going on for at least 4 years here, and potentially even longer on other forums! Wow!

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. You have pissed people off with most of your accounts. I actually just learned of two more of them today. I didn't get involved with either of them back when they were active, but I vaguely remember watching them unfold. And sure enough, those other members were saying the same things to you in those threads that I've said in this thread. Can't believe it took this long to figure out.

Damn, but I wish Stiffler was still active to see this go down. He would feel so vindicated! (That son of a bitch was right about you all along and I didn't believe him because I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. My bad I guess.)

Adam

PS: Your impressive Katana collection and love of cosplay/anime do not make you Japanese. If you're going to try to pull that one off again, you should bone up on your history first, because your "Chinese? Nah, I'm Japanese, but close enough" comment betrays a stunning ignorance of Asian culture and norms. (Especially when those two specific ethnic groups are involved.) Oh, and have fun with your Infinity ball project, by the way. Hope that recent snowstorm didn't cause you too many issues. (Since you know so much about me, you should also know that I used to live there too.)

To bring this back to the request (or rant depending on your perspective), you already have your answers - the VRAD is the finest shutter out there (in many people's opinion). The Gm20 is the fall back. If you like neither for financial reasons, then you're kind of stuck on the shutter route unless you're buying in bulk.

In any event, as I already indicated, shutters are not designed to be in constant high speed motion. In my opinion, what you're looking for is a galvo. Plenty of choice out there although if you want accurate scanning, then you want a 506 or similar, and something that won't run hot / has a high cycle life, if continuous non stop scanning is required.

If accuracy is not as important as cost, then as you've already indicated yourself, you can buy an acceptable galvo from Goldenstar amongst other companies. Somehow, in there I think you have the full answer: Choose a Galvo over a shutter, Quality vs cost. Beyond that, there's pretty not anything more anyone can offer in advice. I'm sure you can find your way to Pangolin, Goldenstar or AliExpress via google.

@buffo - More and more unfounded claims and attempts to doxx. First you try to trick me into providing personal info with your eastern europe comment, now try to guess my age range and ethnicity. Just stop, you keep proving my point about your creepy habits.

@White-Light - Yeah, thanks.
    Last edited by shoujin; 04-19-2018 at 15:02.