Thread: Power loss in the galvo's mirrors

Default Power loss in the galvo's mirrors

I'm wondering, if I am the only one to have a lot of loss in my galvo mirrors : something like 30-35% loss over the two axis!
    I have Widemove scanners (also called M9024), the mirrors are normaly >95%, so max 10% loss over two axis...

I tryed to clean them again and again, but nothing better. Maybe I removed some coating by cleaning them too hard?

And you, which loss do you measured? Did anybody who has Widemove (or any other scanners) already measured the power loss?

Seb

35% loss across your scanners? That's way too much. I loose about 8-10% across my DT-40's. I've been told that some scanners (ie: Cambridge) have even less loss than that. But 35% is crazy. Either you need to clean them, or the coating is shot. Hmmm... Just noticed you said you already cleaned them several times. Maybe your cleaning solution is too harsh?

Adam

Yes that's why I'm thinking, I consider to change them, but it's a difficult operation.
    But it's strange, when I look at the mirrors, they look very clean without any trace of damage, and the reflected beam is perfect, no scatter...