Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Molex connectors....

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    If what he said weren't true, I wouldn't have to compensate for it by doing nice things like this. They're packed and ready to go, shoot me which address you want them to go to when you can.
    srsly, stop making the rest of the industry look bad!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

In a year you'll have killed it off and there won't be a laser industry to make look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    In a year you'll have killed it off and there won't be a laser industry to make look bad.
    at least i'll be known for something other than being an unmarried computer programmer.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    at least I'll be known for something other than being an unmarried computer programmer.
    ... with a face for radio, right?

Adam

it's true! it's all true.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ... with a face for radio, right?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hey... it wasn't objectionable for the BBC. You have a future in Britan.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Hey... it wasn't objectionable for the BBC. You have a future in Britan.
    i would move to the UK in a heartbeat if someone offered me a job.

It is good form for a supplier to include mating connectors or pigtails for their boards and modules. How much more could that cost?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Following. But I'll add my two cents.

Knowing the pin spacing is half the battle. Typically there is 0.1 and .156 spacing. The larger .156 spacing for power supplies can go by the name KK style.

For 0.1 spacing I use from digikey. These do not lock though and must be assembled which means a suitable crimper patience and dexterity
    So... jumping back to making this an educational thread. What do you mean by pin spacing? Does 0.1 mean 1/10th of an inch apart and .156 is uh... slightly wider apart? Like this distance between the pins on either end of this supply:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1149.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	53894

And what would these be?
    PM Sent...

exactly, the pin spacing (or pitch) is the distance from pin to pin, center to center. Typical is .1 inch or 2.54mm, but it's higher for connectors that need to use larger conductors due to current requirements, like in this case, or smaller for signal wires. The commonly used in lasers JST-XH is .1/2.54 where the micromatch is .05/1.27. In the case of the above power supply, they use the VHR series from JST. The output connector is VHR-2 because it's 2 positions, the input is VHR-3 because it's 3 positions, even though only 2 are populated. Input connector is still technically .156 pitch, even though there's 1 pin unpopulated. This is a popular connector for small power supplies.