Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pangolin show portal gone

Default pangolin show portal gone

Anyone know what happened to the Pangolin show portal? i went looking and it looks to have vanished about this time last year per way back machine. I saw the cloud thing but was unsure how to access it outside of Beyond. Is that the only way in now?

I was contacted by the group curator for tangerine dream and I wanted to show my love on a train show so i was going to send them a link to the video file. Apparently I was at a famous show in 1986 that was recorded here in Cleveland and they are contacting folks who attended looking for stuff. I meet the group after that show.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

as a guess, it was deprecated in favor of their cloud service.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the Pangolin show portal? i went looking and it looks to have vanished about this time last year per way back machine. I saw the cloud thing but was unsure how to access it outside of Beyond. Is that the only way in now?

I was contacted by the group curator for tangerine dream and I wanted to show my love on a train show so i was going to send them a link to the video file. Apparently I was at a famous show in 1986 that was recorded here in Cleveland and they are contacting folks who attended looking for stuff. I meet the group after that show.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

so I guess we are screwed for the LD2k shows? anyone have a backup of the shows that were on there??

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I probably do. Yes, the show portal, even with it's issues was 1000% better than the not ready for prime time "iTunes for laser shows" that is the Cloud. At least you could read the entire description provided by the author and know what version of a song was used to create it or, how they intended for zones to be set and so forth. I've observed nothing being done to fix some of the glaring issues with the cloud that were pointed out certainly more than a year and a half ago. Such as a scroll bar to read the entire description of a file. Hate to bash but... sadly the ball, by all outside appearances looks dropped on "the cloud".
    PM Sent...

You can buy an install disk and all the shows are on that. I have my shows if you want them. Send me your serial and I’ll make you a set.

The show portal had a lot more stuff on it than what was contained on the original LD 2000 install discs. Even the newest 5.5 set didn't have all the shows from the portal on it.

I'm sad to see the portal go. Richard (Soforene) put a lot of effort into maintaining that site in it's earlier days. And I agree with Brad that it is vital to be able to read the show creator's notes about which exact audio file was used, or what specific zone settings are needed...

Adam

So, has anyone followed up with Alexey/Pango on the status of those Cloud bugs/enhancements then?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    So, has anyone followed up with Alexey/Pango on the status of those Cloud bugs/enhancements then?
    I just did yesterday.

I think the pangolin show space got dropped because manual approval was involved and it was slow... not just that but all preview screens had to be created manually and when a platform grows it will become only slower and more difficult to maintain and costly.. In the cloud the way you upload content more specifically to the core it was so much easier to automate I bet.

I do think it's a shame because now executables and ld2000 things are simply gone but I guess that's just the direction the company wanted it to go.

Was Richard still maintaining it, or did someone at Pangolin take that over before they took it down?

Adam