Thread: FS Mirrors on ebay

Default FS Mirrors on ebay

Nothing to do with me, but there are 25 x 2" square Melles Griot F/S mirrors on EBAY For $29

Cool

Nice mirrors! Too bad they weren't 6x6 or something... They'd be perfect for bounce mirrors.

Adam

I picked these up today. The seller is just a couple of miles from my house and also an acquaintance. 25 mirrors for $30, not to bad. They are in perfect shape and were in a bag from Melles Griot. Now i just have to get the ol' glass cutter out and try to remember how to cut this stuff without destroying them.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

oh man,good luck.

get a piece of practice glass.
    the problem i had was the wheel on the cutter was not much taller than the edge of the straight edge i used which was pretty thin.
    i bet there is a better type of glass cutter than the little wheel cutter i have.

use the force.

Glad someone got a bargain. Good luck trying to cut those, they are pretty thick for small mirrors.

it could be worth having a glass shop do it.
    we actually have a mirror co. in town and it is not much money per cut.

I have managed to do it in the past but it was a real hit or miss operation. I have well over 100 years bad luck

I have a friend that does stained glass work and she has all kinds of diamond scoring tools for cutting strips and squares and other shapes so I will probably take a mirror over to her and see what she thinks.

I looked up the mirror on Melles, and they want $49 each for them. They are broadband enhanced alum.. Now if only I can manage to get them diced up I will have a lifetime supply of nice little mirrors.

Chad

Update: Went to the hobby store and bought a new glass cutter some glass cutting oil and a "run starter".

The first couple of cuts were a little rough. but after I figured out the pressure (not as much as you would think) had no problems. I will not have to buy another mirror for a long time

Chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2019.JPG