Thread: Scanner Tuning Tutorial for PT-30K

Default Scanner Tuning Tutorial for PT-30K

Hello everyone.

I need to adjust my PT-30K scanner from scratch. Is there a tutorial to do it?
    I lost the scanner manual and I do not know the function of each cooking pot.

Scanner is image that I attach.

Best Regards.
    Juanma
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sshot-5 (2).jpg  

This is what you're looking for. Probably the best guide around. It's a long read but has helped me and others out a great deal. Because of this guide, I can normally get scanners tuned from scratch in about 20~25 minutes which, for me, is pretty damn good.

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...Scanner+tuning

Thumbs up

Thank you very much.
    I will read it carefully.

Best regards.
    Juanma

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Here is a link to tell you which pots are which. http://www.phenixtechnology.com/uplo...1F51G53600.pdf
    PM Sent...

It is not exactly the same, the dissipator is different, but the other components look the same and placed in the same place, so I guess it will be the same as mine.

Thank you very much Bradfo.
    You have been very helpful to me.

Best regards.
    Juanma

Hi.
    I bought this set of 2nd hand scanners (used) and I think they played all the potentiometers ... Is the previous tutorial enough for it? or Is there another way to restore everything again?

I hope to have enough free time to try to readjust everything.

Thank you.

Best regards.
    Juanma

I'm a bit late to this thread (sorry - been out of town!), but that's my tutorial they linked you to. It will guide you though the basic process of tuning your scanners, assuming that the scanners were correctly set up before they left the factory. Even if the tuning is *way* off now, you should still be able to tune them back to normal performance.

HOWEVER, if someone has messed around with the other pots, then my tutorial won't help you. In particular, the linearity, position scale, and offset pots must be set correctly first or you won't ever be able to tune the scanners properly.

I have never attempted to adjust those other pots. My understanding is that it can only be done correctly if you have a function generator and an oscilloscope. Normally this is done at the factory, and once adjusted those pots are never touched again.

Adam

Ok.
    Thank you, Adam.