Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homebuilt ruby laser

"to hell with the consequences, I'm doing this", and now he's got a working ruby laser and you and I don't.

But if I had that huge capacitor bank in my house, my wife would scream bloody murder... (And that would be before she ever realized how dangerous they are.) Plus she still hasn't completely forgiven me for burning a hole in the couch with that old Medical Argon I was experimenting with years ago. Can you imagine the damage I could cause with a working Ruby laser?
    I am very grateful to the circumstances and conditions that I live in. I don't have any wife, my parents came to terms with my hobby, I hold only two cats at home, I'm not burdened with family issues... So I can allow myself all that crazy stuff that many people find absolutely inadmissable at home. And yes, I usually tell myself "I WANT THIS laser. Just because I want it. So I'll make it or obtain it in an other way."

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbuilder View Post
    I usually tell myself "I WANT THIS laser. Just because I want it. So I'll make it or obtain it in an other way."
    I encourage you to continue with that mindset as long as you can. Right now you have the flexibility to do things like that, but later in life you may not.

Plus the rest of us love the pictures you've been sharing!

Adam

I am far more active over at LPF than I have been here and I have been following LaserBuilder's many projects over the past year or so. He has an uncanny way of finding for free what we pay big $$$ here for. His last project was a large Nd: GLASS laser. You don't see those everyday either. Glad to see him active over here now.

-Paul