Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File problem

Default File problem

Hello, everyone. I do not speak English well. I hope you understand me. I want to ask a question about an ILDA file I made myself with iShow.
    The image is simple. The number 1 inserted in a circle. The figure is green and the circle is red. The laser, however, writes them white. Where is the problem ?
    abit01.ildThanks in advance.
    Hello, everyone. I do not speak English well. I hope you understand me. I want to ask a question about an ILDA file I made myself with iShow. The image is simple. The number 1 inserted in a circle. The figure is green and the circle is red. The laser, however, writes them white. Where is the problem ? Thanks in advance.

In my software both the circle and number show up red.

Strangely: Confused2:

I checked into it some more. The file appears to be a valid Format 0 file and it is using colors 2 and 4 from the palette. There are two well known palettes, at least.
    In one palette, which I call the default, 2 is (255,32,0) and 4 is (255,64,0) which are both mostly red.
    In the other palette, that I call the ILDA palette, 2 is (255,0,0) (RED) and 4 is (0,255,0) GREEN. If I displayed it with the ILDA palette it would look as you say it should.
    If the laser is showing them as white then it is because either your software or hardware is messed up. Not sure which it is.

Exactly. The software shows them green and red. The hardware painted them white. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Sounds like you have your projector wired incorrectly. Did you assemble the projector yourself, or did you purchase it at retail?

If it is a home-made projector, check to be sure you have the red, green, and blue modulation signals connected correctly. Red + is on pin 5, Green + is on pin 6, and Blue + is on pin 7. The negative modulation leads from both the ILDA connector and the laser modules can all be tied to your DC ground.

In particular, if you accidentally connected any of your lasers to the intensity signal by accident (pin 3 on the ILDA connector), that will turn the laser on any time something is being displayed, no matter what color it should be.

If you are using a commercial projector, however, then it's unlikely to be a wiring issue in the projector. Rather, the problem must be a configuration issue in your software. Perhaps the Ishow software is set to monochrome when it should be on RGB? I've never used Ishow before, but that's about the only issue I can see that would cause different colors to appear white when projected.

Adam

Is there a line between the bottom of the "1" and the circle? If so, then you likely have a floating voltage problem that is causing all lasers to be stuck on. If so, that can often be fixed by grounding the ground lead of the PSU (assuming it isn't grounded already). Otherwise it might be indicative of a problem with one of the PSUs or other wiring problem.

If there is not a line from the bottom of the 1 and the circle, then I would follow the advice that JohnYayas and Buffo provided.

Finally, no insult intended, but iShow is widely considered a terribly limited and difficult software program by the users on this forum. We have many suggestions for alternatives that range from free to expensive with most in the middle somewhere.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thanks for helping guys. I bought the laser, but it does not prevent me from opening it and looking at what is the state of the cables and how they are connected. Regarding the software, I will try to learn some other iShow program.

Quote Originally Posted by djeimi View Post
    Thanks for helping guys. I bought the laser, but it does not prevent me from opening it and looking at what is the state of the cables and how they are connected. Regarding the software, I will try to learn some other iShow program.
    Which version of iShow do you have? If you have version 1.3 or 2.3 I can give you a copy of Spaghetti to try out to see if the problem goes away.

I dismounted the laser. Inside, everything looks right and properly connected.