Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brand new highly compact small show laser projectors 300mW-600mW RGB

Quote Originally Posted by lasersareuseful View Post
    I'm interested. Do you have more videos of the type of images it's able to project? Can it be programmed to output different images? I'm into lasers, but new to lasershow stuff.
    No doubt that it is able to display most simple images you may prefer. But as this lowe end laser unit now isn't with ILDA in&out interfaces, instead, it is with the TF card slot; so you need to program the ild* files advance on the laser designer softwares and then export the cues onto the TF card.
    You may learn more over this forum by asking the other laserists how to create the ILD* cues and export onto the TF card.
    Images like the cues shown on the QS for your reference. All these are basic things the laser can bring.

Sorry, i have no more videos on hands at the moment.
    With all the best,
    Bill Freeman.
    E-mail: fb@optlaser.com

https://www.facebook.com/520Lasershow

I like the honest description of "crappy"
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicL520 View Post
    No doubt that it is able to display most simple images you may prefer. But as this lowe end laser unit now isn't with ILDA in&out interfaces, instead, it is with the TF card slot; so you need to program the ild* files advance on the laser designer softwares and then export the cues onto the TF card.
    You may learn more over this forum by asking the other laserists how to create the ILD* cues and export onto the TF card.
    Images like the cues shown on the QS for your reference. All these are basic things the laser can bring.

Sorry, i have no more videos on hands at the moment.
    OK, good to hear that it can be programmed. I'd like to see a better video of what this laser is capable of before buying though... are there any similar laser projectors that I could look up on YouTube?

I assume the speed of the galvo scanner determines the possible complexity, so would looking at other projectors with 15K galvo scanners give me a good idea?

Sorry folks, complete noob here

lasersareuseful
    I think you need to educate yourself a bit on what it means when a laser only has an SD card.
    As well as the laser projector, you will need a bit of software to create the images and animations that can output to ILDA file format(s).
    You may also need a bit of software like ILDSOS to do the optimisation of the frames, as low speed scanners will need all the help they can get if you want to do anything remotely complex.
    If you want to do any text then you probably want better scanners.
    You will also probably end up wrestling with the various different ILDA file formats, to find one that displays correctly on that particular board.
    The way they usually work is you have a sort of index file, which is a text file containing the file names of the frames you want to display. Some systems allow you to specify parameters such as length of duration for each frame before moving to the next.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.