Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSO class at SELEM 2018? post here

Default LSO class at SELEM 2018? post here

So far the following people have expressed an interest in taking the ILDA LSO class on the Monday following SELEM. (So that would be August 13th.)

LuLighttech
    DJeric68
    HankLloydright
    532withenvy

If you 4 are certain that you can attend the class, I have 2 other folks who are not on the forum who are willing to take the class as well. So that would give us 6 people, which means we are GO! I need you guys to confirm that you can do this before I contact Greg though...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 06-02-2018 at 12:51.

I think you mean August 13th?

I wish the cost wasn't so high, but count me in.

I unexpectedly have an extra day now in my schedule, so I can do this and then go to Carowinds on Tuesday. So instead of 'wasting' a day somewhere between Newton/Conover and Chicago (my next event), I figured this is a great use of the extra day.

You are correct Hank. Sorry about that! I've changed my post to reflect the correct date.

What about the rest? Need confirmations soon...

Adam

August 13th, count me in.
    Eric in New Orleans

I would like to take this class. Can we pay at the class,or do we have to pay ahead of the class?
    thanks bill
    Pangolin FB3
    DT40 PRO
    200mw 635nm LASERWAVE
    200mw 532nm CNI
    100mw 473nm CNI
    POLY 20 / GAS ARGON (SELEM BLUE)

LASERS MAKE ME GRIN

Hi Bill;

Normally people have to pay in advance, but I will check to see if you can pay at the door. In past years Patrick Murphy was able to set up a payment link on the ILDA website where people could sign up and pay for the class on-line. My hope is that we can do that again this year.

Still waiting for confirmation from 532WithEnvy and Lulighttec...

Adam

Exclamation Date change for lso course

Hey everyone!

I've been in touch with Greg Makhov and Patrick Murphy regarding the LSO course. Greg is unable to teach the class this year due to a prior commitment. However, Patrick Murphy is available and willing to teach the class, but there is a scheduling problem...

Patrick is going to be attending the SAE G10 meeting in San Diego, CA this year, and it kicks off on Monday, August 13th, which is when we had hoped to hold the LSO course. (D'oh!)

So here's an option: Patrick can teach the class the Monday *before* SELEM starts. So that would be Monday, August 6th.

Does that work for everyone? Please reply below; as soon as I have enough people confirmed for the new date I will let Patrick know so he can make travel arrangements and also start accepting people's registrations for the class.

I know this is going to be difficult for people who have already made their own plans, but it's the only way we can make this work. (Unless folks want to try to schedule the LSO course *during* SELEM, which means they will miss an entire day of the event.?.)

Adam

I definitely can't make Monday the 6th or Tuesday the 7th as I'll be driving down to SELEM those days.

What about splitting it up on Wednesday and Thursday mornings if Patrick is available? Those are pretty slow days/times anyway.

I get in pretty late on Tuesday, but could be bright-eyed and ready to go Wednesday morning.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That's actually a good idea - even though I've taken the course with Greg (twice), I'd almost consider paying *something* just to sit in as a refresher if it were on those two mornings since we're not often doing a whole lot then.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That's actually a good idea.
    Yup! I'm not just a pretty face.