Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two projection lenses for each horizontal side of a DLP chip, possible?

I see. Well then I suppose I simply don't understand why the out of focus pixels in the focal plane created by the lens you described would bypass the mirror edge. Is there some inherent design limitation forcing them to?
    Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    In a infinity collimated beam the pixels are 'relatively' huge - a knife edge would produce images with a significant vignette.
    I assumed the opposite would be the case, the perfectly collimated beam would allow to create perfectly sharp cuts?

In an infinity collimated light path a pixel at the center of the focal plane would be the size of the objective lens.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Okay. Why is that the case?

Okay you really need to either put a little effort into learning something about optics (google - melles griot optics guide)
    or stay ignorant and be ignored.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Perfect timing, I just finished reading an optics introductory book today and still have a hard time understanding what you meant in your previous post. You can either rephrase it or keep being rude assuming it's justified. Thanks for the help anyway.