Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wavy-line distortion (resonance?) with DT-40pro scanners at 18Kpps speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    XY2-100 standard is indeed 2MHz clock rate. It's 20-bits per coordinate. At 2MHz that's a 100kHz sample rate. (That's what the "2" and the "100" mean.) But that's 10uS per coordinate not 20uS.

Theoretically Mach-DSP can accept coordinates with clock rate up to 25MHz, but I've never tested that...

Bill
    Thanks

Yah my memory is never what it never was^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hused to be... I have a customer who has an older device that puts out points at effectively 120kHz (low excursion, low step size) but his analog circuitry is getting noise from somewhere on his circuit and I suggested going digital all the way to the amp but found out that all the digital amps are nominally 100kHz... Was originally just planning to tap his digital signalling and converting, and now it sounds feasible again.

While the 35660A doesn't natively have swept sine, you could get something close on it and other similar units by commanding a sweep through the HPIB/GPIB port. Nowadays a usb to GPIB only costs a few bucks so thats also a route.

You can get the 35660A HPIB programming manual here: https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/HP_Agilent...0Reference.pdf

Hi guys,

By the way, there's no chance of destroying anything. While our Saturn 9 literally have enough torque to break a mirror (and will if the notch filter isn't set correctly), neither the DT40 nor their driver have enough gain to do that. The worst that could happen is that wavy lines get worst. Although I've never tried it, tuning a notch filter "by eye" using a test pattern might not work.

It's like shooting a basketball. The hoop isn't much bigger than the ball, and there's only one placement where the ball goes straight through the hoop. Everywhere else doesn't get you any points... (setting aside it bouncing off the rim a few times then going in, which never happens in electronics)

Bill

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Bill, While I have you here, Do you have Co2 mirrors for 506? 3-4 mm beam diameter ?

I imagine everybody wants Saturn for marking, but since I have spare 506s I figured I'd ask.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

HP 35660A Is Here. Both Channels are working just fine. Learning curve for the soft keys is a bit steep, but it will do what I need it to do. Not just with galvos either.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Instek SFG-1003 showed up on Friday. ("Oooo... Shiny!") So now I have a new toy to play with.

We will definitely have a go at adjusting the notch filter at SELEM. I'm also looking forward to demonstrating how a set of G120s will still function even with broken torsion bars. (DZ offered to help out with that!)

Adam

Just remember to pull the attenuator pin on the SFG.