Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin QS3FB3 - Laser Modules

Default Pangolin QS3FB3 - Laser Modules

Hi !
    I have for sell :
    2x Pangolin Quickshow with FB3 in the box :
    SOLD

2x Laser module Red/blue 500mW red 1W blue, including PSU but without dichroic
    SOLD
    Last edited by kl79; 12-12-2018 at 02:03.

I'll take one of your FB3 please !

Ferenc

One FB3 is reserved.

Still open to offers for all the stuff !

hi !
    Can anyone is able to tell me why I'm not getting any demand for the laser modules or the fb3s ?
    Ok, it can be the price, but nobody asking !

I stopped all my laser activity long time ago, I'm selling all my stuff, not to make money, just to empty my cartons and help others, but I smell that the "laser DIY period" is coming to the end, wright ? any idea ?

Well, I'd guess that it is a couple factors. First, you are asking as much for the used modules as new modules from Goldenstar cost. For example, the Chinese market price of 500mw of corrected 638nm red in a fully enclosed unit is US$120 and 2W of corrected/enclosed 445nm blue is US$120. If I were in the market for modules, I'd be hesitant to buy used modules that are missing the dichro for the same price as new (although those modules look nice and clean). There is also the lack of protection you get from buying from an individual you don't know versus a company with a good reputation.

Regarding DIY builds, the pricing reversed over the past five years so that it is cheaper to buy versus build. As a result, this extinguished much of the DIY build activity. Other than the joy of DIY, the only practical reason to build it yourself is when you have a specific requirement that you can't readily purchase such as size/shape/weight, specific equipment or unusual features that you want to incorporate, beam quality, etc. These are the reasons I continue to build all my own projectors.

This is just my opinion, of course.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Or Brad ran out of money.
    But yes, truthfully what David said is true. There is also the currency conversion and shipping to think about which makes it even less attractive in other parts of the world. Going rate on a lightly used FB3 can fall in the $300-$400 range whereas 400 euro is $463 today plus shipping so, about $500. I also have boxes with not only modules in various states like this but, parts to build them. Now... if you were selling "free time". That's a highly valuable commodity. I don't have time to do much of anything on any anticipated project and would gladly pay to have some more free time to futz around with stuff. Although, I'd probably waste some on sleep.
    PM Sent...

I calculated the cost of making such modules (parts from China, ebay) would be close to $150 (a piece) . Considering they are used, I could probably make you an offer but I doubt you'd like it cause it would be much lower than you're asking for.

no ! no problem, feel free to make offers !
    (no Chinese parts on this module )

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    no ! no problem, feel free to make offers !
    (no Chinese parts on this module )
    That definitely wont be the best offer you've seen in your life but I've decided to try.
    I could probably buy all (modules and pangolins) IF you cut your price in half [and I mean the 'two piece' price] (I'm a student so I'm not exactly a rich person) . Should have sufficient funds at the end of the month if thats okay.