Thread: APC40 replacement/upgraded faders

Thumbs up APC40 replacement/upgraded faders

I've been through quite a few faders on my APC40 now, and the prices at mpcstuff/other dedicated controller parts shops are pretty ridiculous ($15 per pot?!). The part number I used to buy (exact replacement) is no longer stocked, so I decided to try also tackling another big beef I've had with the original APC40 - the ridiculous amount of extra space below the fader knobs that gives them a bunch of play - and bought a tray of these:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/688-RS45112A6A05

They are drop in replacements electrically, but with a slightly shorter shaft. I've got a few installed this afternoon and can verify they are a huge improvement! The feel of the sliding motion is quite noticeably improved too, but maybe that's just how worn in the rest of mine were I'll have the tray at SELEM in case anyone else wants a few!

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

awesome. i'd love to swap mine out.

Quote Originally Posted by singlemode View Post
    I've been through quite a few faders on my APC40 now, and the prices at mpcstuff/other dedicated controller parts shops are pretty ridiculous ($15 per pot?!). The part number I used to buy (exact replacement) is no longer stocked, so I decided to try also tackling another big beef I've had with the original APC40 - the ridiculous amount of extra space below the fader knobs that gives them a bunch of play - and bought a tray of these:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/688-RS45112A6A05

They are drop in replacements electrically, but with a slightly shorter shaft. I've got a few installed this afternoon and can verify they are a huge improvement! The feel of the sliding motion is quite noticeably improved too, but maybe that's just how worn in the rest of mine were I'll have the tray at SELEM in case anyone else wants a few!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yup, it's just standard electronic parts they use, nothing custom made. Not that it's a bad thing, just saying. And everything is held i place with either phillips screws or solder so not much risk in breaking anything when disassembling. It's true with every other electronic keyboard I've had too. I've have few LPCs, MPCs and newer APC-40.

Great idea!

On a side note:
    We had an old MKI APC40 we threw away as was beyond repair. But stripped off all the knobs and caps before it met "el bin".
    It pains me to see the stupidly high price of spares / replacement caps and knobs, so if anyone is in need of a new knob... (fnar fnar ) I will happily stick one in a jiffy bag and post it out. I know how easily they get lost.

All the best,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -