Thread: LSX playback problems

Default LSX playback problems

Hi,
    I am having serious problems with my LSX software. When playing back from the timeline the laser output quite frequently stops, while the timeline playback continues in a very sluggish manner with a noticeable slowdown both in the preview window and the timeline clock.
    Sometimes this happens also immediately after the project has been opened. I always check if the etherdream DAC is showing up in timeline 1 in the settings which it is.
    This happens with very basic output as well as more complex output so not sure what is going on, and these are files which worked without issue before the summer.
    I have also tried this on two different computers with same result.
    I have also tried the DAC with a different application and donīt have any problems.

Setup:
    windows 7, LSX basic (april update), ether dream 2 (with latest firmware)
    I use a static IP on the computer for the connection to the DAC, LSX is unblocked from the firewall settings.

Here is a very short video showing the behaviour in the GUI:
    https://youtu.be/fRuZcnsOXqo

I really enjoy the posibillities in LSX so hopefully some of the LSX wizards can come to my rescue

HC

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

LSX uses the etherdream dac for some timing operations during playback. it looks like you might be having issues maintaining a network connection to the dac.

can you describe your network setup?

Quote Originally Posted by HCG View Post
    Hi,
    I am having serious problems with my LSX software. When playing back from the timeline the laser output quite frequently stops, while the timeline playback continues in a very sluggish manner with a noticeable slowdown both in the preview window and the timeline clock.
    Sometimes this happens also immediately after the project has been opened. I always check if the etherdream DAC is showing up in timeline 1 in the settings which it is.
    This happens with very basic output as well as more complex output so not sure what is going on, and these are files which worked without issue before the summer.
    I have also tried this on two different computers with same result.
    I have also tried the DAC with a different application and donīt have any problems.

Setup:
    windows 7, LSX basic (april update), ether dream 2 (with latest firmware)
    I use a static IP on the computer for the connection to the DAC, LSX is unblocked from the firewall settings.

Here is a very short video showing the behaviour in the GUI:
    https://youtu.be/fRuZcnsOXqo

I really enjoy the posibillities in LSX so hopefully some of the LSX wizards can come to my rescue

HC
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    LSX uses the etherdream dac for some timing operations during playback. it looks like you might be having issues maintaining a network connection to the dac.

can you describe your network setup?
    gigabit ethernet, static ip.

I managed to track down a newer windows 10 laptop which so far seems to work (dongles are useful), but since it also used to work on my other computers I am worrying that something gets messed up after a period of usage.

hc

i still think it's network related.

are all windows firewalls and anything that could impact packets disabled? maybe try a different ethernet cable.

gigabit ethernet, static ip.

I managed to track down a newer windows 10 laptop which so far seems to work (dongles are useful), but since it also used to work on my other computers I am worrying that something gets messed up after a period of usage.

hc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It seems you are right about it being a network issue. I had changed to a different cable when testing the new computer (never change more than one thing at a time, I know) and when I tried this cable with the other computer it has so far not given me any more problems.
    Thanks for taking the time to help, and hopefully I will have more interesting LSX questions coming up.

HC

i'm glad it worked!

i'm always happy to help when i can.

It seems you are right about it being a network issue. I had changed to a different cable when testing the new computer (never change more than one thing at a time, I know) and when I tried this cable with the other computer it has so far not given me any more problems.
    Thanks for taking the time to help, and hopefully I will have more interesting LSX questions coming up.

HC