Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fresh meat trying to decide between two similar products for home use.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    why oh why do people still use 445nm for blue . There are so many better choices now. 462 for example.
    The quality of the white. Don't get me wrong, 462 is still nice with abstracts and graphics and 473 is of course gorgeous but, from a white beam perspective, 445 still makes a nicer white to my eyes.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i agree. the palette with 445 is much nicer than with 462 or 473. if i need a lighter blue for something, i just bleed in a little green in software.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The quality of the white. Don't get me wrong, 462 is still nice with abstracts and graphics and 473 is of course gorgeous but, from a white beam perspective, 445 still makes a nicer white to my eyes.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm a big fan of 462 for everything.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I'll stick with 450nm for increased range, but it would be nice to have both available.

While we are on the topic, we could use some inexpensive, decent power, single-mode 462nm diodes. I have one of the 473nm single modes from that odd batch from about ~6 months ago incorporated into a RGB-VV projector that I use on glow in the dark walls. The 473nm doesn't charge the strontium based paint making it ideal for RGB graphics on top of the stuff. 462nm would charge a bit, I believe, but you wouldn't notice it unless it was a static image.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"