Thread: dlp projector diodes help

Cool dlp projector diodes help

im looking to source a laser projector that will house some powerful laser diodes that i can use in a bar array for lighting effects, could someone kindly point me in the right direction of choosing a dlp projector that will have a block of powerful diodes?

If you search for "laser array bank" on eBay you can buy a new bar array directly instead of harvesting from a DLP projector and it will cost you less. You can get a 8W green bank for about 700USD and 32W blue bank for around 300USD. There's none for red even inside DLP projectors as far as I'm aware but since the sellers of these bar arrays sometimes take out the diodes and sell them separately you may be able to ask them to sell some empty banks to you if they haven't thown them away and then you can put red diodes in them so your systems will look the same. And you still need drivers to drive these. Inside a DLP projector the driver is probably part of the main PCB and controlled by the DLPA chip sp you'll probably need to buy laser diode drivers when harvesting as well so I see no reason to do it.

Thank you kindly,

That said if anyone knows which video projectors (DLP, LCoS or 3LCD) have those laser banks inside, please tell. A used projector will definitely cost several times the cost of a new laser bank array sold separately but one sold as parts due to damaged optics, PCB or DLP chip may be cheaper.