Thread: White laser

Default White laser

Was playing around last night and got the idea to make white. I took my 565nm laser and mixed it with a single mode 450nm blue to make white. Driving them with the same modulation I was able to make a white laser. What is nice is there is no pink edge.

ps opt. Announced they have 100 pieces of 575nm lasers ready to ship Monday. Run don’t walk.....

Default 575nm, where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post

ps opt. Announced they have 100 pieces of 575nm lasers ready to ship Monday. Run don’t walk.....
    I have searched for the opt 575nm and cannot find the announcement or where/how to buy.
    Can you please share this info?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric in New Orleans

This thread:
    https://photonlexicon.com/forums/sho...m-yellow-laser
    I ordered 5 - 3 months ago an have been waiting patiently. I suspect the first 100 units are already sold...
    I have 2 each of the 565 and 574 that I got off Ebay from Australia. The 574 lasers are sweet (not impressed with the drivers). Of the 565's one works well the other has a god awful strobe and awful beam. Guess I'll be taking that one apart.
    Last edited by laserist; 08-17-2018 at 04:46.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

The ones I have are also from the Australia guy, expensive compared to,others but they arrived and worked pretty well. Very tight beam. I like the 565 more than the 575 guess color more Kr yellow.

The "yellow + blue = white" trick dates back to the old ion days. Paul Berthot (Clandestiny) mentioned that they used to pick off the yellow krypton line and mix it with the 488 nm argon blue to make a piercing white. So cool that we can now do this with dpss!

Adam

Thanks for that. Never knew where is came from.