Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone having typing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i'm not having any problems typing... well, beyond having monkey hands.

and no problems with attachments.

Attachment 54501
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! I sent you that picture of me with the intent that you keep it private!

P.S. Do you think that angle makes me look fat?
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Well, shit.

When I loaded this thread, neither of the two attachments (the gary busey pic or the alien autopsy) showed up. All I got was the text link showing that there was an attachment. When I right-clicked the attachment link to open in a new tab, the forum said I had to be logged in to view the attachment (even though I was already logged in). So I logged in on that second tab, at which point the image displayed. Then I re-loaded the main tab with the rest of the thread open, and all the images loaded as normal.

At work, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 running in Incognito mode.

Adam

Sessions here are determined by your specific IP at connect and when you login that session has a unique ID assigned to it. If your work is doing "ozmg hackers are scary" shit with proxies or other things that might change or mask the IP that here sees, then yea - you might have to login half a dozen times.

But hey, at least you can see the attachments and they aren't being mangled like previous ones were.

Good point. Given that I'm behind a corporate firewall, it's entirely possible that my outward-facing IP address might change if I take a break from browsing for a bit and then send another request out...

Although if that were the case, then every time I tried to reply to a thread I would have to log back in again, no? And I don't have to do that - ever - so the session isn't expiring. Unless there is a different session validation rule for posts and for viewing attachments maybe? So that I'm OK on one but not OK on the other?

Hmmmm.

Adam