Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vortex 285 FPV video (crash)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Ok finally uploaded something. 37 min to upload and 9 min to process. This is flying around the neighborhood I grew up in and over my old middle school. I need to learn about adding sound. (And imbedding - David how do you get the "insert video" to work? )https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_42...ature=youtu.be

(Our house wasn't quite the size of these!)
    That's a pretty neighborhood, Brad!

Also what do you mean when you refer to "insert video"?
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I can’t get the YouTube preview to show up in a post the way you can. Just the link.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I can’t get the YouTube preview to show up in a post the way you can. Just the link.
    Oh, its the thingy that looks like a filmstrip. Its in a group of icons above where you type your response that starts with an Earth with a 'linky' thing for inserting a link, followed by a letter and ending with that filmstrip thingy.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Oh, its the thingy that looks like a filmstrip. Its in a group of icons above where you type your response that starts with an Earth with a 'linky' thing for inserting a link, followed by a letter and ending with that filmstrip thingy.
    I tried that although I didn't follow it with letter and hit the filmstrip thingy a second time. Trying now but still no success. A window opens to enter the URL and then hit ok and it just disappears.
    PM Sent...

Nice videos, Brad! I agree with Chris and David; you certainly grew up in a nice neighborhood! Beautiful houses (and lawns) in that area.

When watching the park video, all I could think about was how much fun it would be to race between and around the trees with my Vortex!

Is there any way to slow down the pan/tilt speed of the camera on the Mavic? Because I think that would help a lot. The camera movements seemed to be a little too fast and jerky. But the quality is amazing. Quite a bit better than a GoPro!

Adam

There are a LOT of adjustments you can make with the Mavic (and most of the other DJI drones) using the DJI Go app.
    You can use Cinema mode to tone all the control movements down while the mode is active, or you can go deeper behind the scenes and dial down camera and control movements that stay in effect all the time.

The only thing you have to watch on the control side is once movements are dialed down a lot, you can actually cause the drone to drift instead of stopping suddenly when you release the controls -
    Which can get you in trouble if you're not anticipating the drift!! (My Mavic almost became one with a sand dune thanks to that)

I slowed down my camera's tilt speed quite a bit while filming in Costa Rica, and added a small mount of expo to the flight controls.
    I'll try to post some video clips in the next few days...
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-06-2018 at 04:39.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    There are a LOT of adjustments you can make with the Mavic (and most of the other DJI drones) using the DJI Go app.
    You can use Cinema mode to tone all the control movements down while the mode is active, or you can go deeper behind the scenes and dial down camera and control movements that stay in effect all the time.

The only thing you have to watch on the control side is once movements are dialed down a lot, you can actually cause the drone to drift instead of stopping suddenly when you release the controls -
    Which can get you in trouble if you're not anticipating the drift!!
    Oooh, good advice Randy! I keep the bird in Cinema mode nearly all the time to get smoother shots - that and being gentle introducing turns and other movements. The problem is Cinema mode (and tripod mode) limits your top speed as well. I tried following a speed boat yesterday and it quickly left me in the mist.

I didn't know you could make the camera slower. That would help for recordings when in FPV gimbal follow mode which always look jerky after the fact.

Brad - I don't have that issue posting video. Spec is looking at it. What browser are you using. (I'm using FF.)

-David

I slowed down my camera tilt and added expo. This allows me to keep the speed when I need it and still get the smooth shots.

Another thing to consider. Before you fly think about the type of shot you are trying to get. Picture it in your mind before you ever turn on the craft. Nothing says you can't improvise once in the air if you see something better, but having a plan helps a lot.

One of my favorite shots I use at work is for promo videos is "Point of Interest". The Mavic will fly in a circle sideways keeping the camera on the center. It is very cinematic. Another is to fly over the target while tilting the camera down. This takes a lot of practice, but is also really nice.

Adam,
    Sorry for hijacking you post. It has sort of turned into a Mavic chat.

Chris

Something else you may not know about is the built in video editor. It has the basic editing capabilities but the coolest thing is its ability to take selected videos right off the Mavic and put them together with music in a short video automatically.

I did this with 1 click. The software did the rest. Now my company uses it as a promo video.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Something else you may not know about is the built in video editor. It has the basic editing capabilities but the coolest thing is its ability to take selected videos right off the Mavic and put them together with music in a short video automatically.

I did this with 1 click. The software did the rest. Now my company uses it as a promo video.

Chris

Cool!
    Except -
    The video ended before the quad could hover down & pickup the ATV...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....