Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C.T. Lasers (Marc Atrosky) Luminance RGB3000

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

There is a part of me that agrees with this and yes, I too could see it becoming problematic. We do have a seller review category that's most often used for praise - and many are well deserved. However, there is a lot of hush, hush off the forum discussion of deals going bad and it really "should" be a bit more public so as to warn others. Fact is.... this is often thousands of dollars and yet, everyone is reluctant to say anything publicly. How goofy is that? We'll post a negative review on a $20 item on Amazon, on Best Buy, on Guitar Center etc., in a heartbeat but.... have trouble with a $2k laser projector deal and it's all hidden under the rug for fear of "something".
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    There is a part of me that agrees with this and yes, I too could see it becoming problematic. We do have a seller review category that's most often used for praise - and many are well deserved. However, there is a lot of hush, hush off the forum discussion of deals going bad and it really "should" be a bit more public so as to warn others. Fact is.... this is often thousands of dollars and yet, everyone is reluctant to say anything publicly. How goofy is that? We'll post a negative review on a $20 item on Amazon, on Best Buy, on Guitar Center etc., in a heartbeat but.... have trouble with a $2k laser projector deal and it's all hidden under the rug for fear of "something".

Well, I think it's because no one wants to be seen as "being taken for a ride" or "playing the part of the fool". It is embarrassing. I got burned by a seller on eBay a long time ago for a pair of $300 catweazles. There is a bit to the story but it turns out that everyone here warned me that the seller was potentially taking me for a ride and to wait. Well, I let my impatience get the best of me and I forced payment and got burned. I was so embarrassed that I didn't post about it. So, I can see why.

Unfortunately, a rating system wouldn't really work either because there are people on here don't like a certain laser company's ethic or business practices, even though they have never bought/used their products and therefore, downvote; back the the trolls vs fanboys again. So, I guess you're right in that, unless people are honest about their experiences, there is no way to know of a vendor's mettle.

I strongly urge you not to do a "blacklist" state your case and let people decide. making a said list could be legal issue, misused, and just who puts you on or off the list. what criteria? I can see a review of a product or service but I would go no further. You can complain to the Better Business Buerro(? spelling/)

I also strongly urge the editing of said posts where bodily harm is threatened. In this day and age we are NOT free to state our feelings.

I think a "blacklist" would be too difficult to maintain. Trying to keep it *cough* "fair and balanced" would be a nightmare.

Adam

Default 12/5 UPDATE

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I originally posted, however, I was contacted by John Loughlin in September and he was able to help more then I could have imagined.

John is the US importer for Goldenstar and I believe he and Mimi saw my poor experience with Marc reselling their product. They wanted to separate themselves, so John offered to take the 3W and exchange it for one of his Club Cat 5W's, which is a Goldenstar 5W that is modified to comply with the FDA regulations. I can confirm that this projector has all of the required safety features added, including a shutter. He also worked hard to get my variance approved in time, so I could receive the system as soon as it was built. The process did take a couple of months due to Goldenstar being so busy at this time of year and I also waited about a month to post in order to give adequate time to test the projector. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with an ATA road case. It really blew away my 3W Lightspace projectors in terms of brightness and color. The beams are a bit larger out of the aperture but I am sure that is due to knife edging. One thing that Kvant boasts is pencil thin beams, but personally, I like the look of fatter beams, especially because I am not doing any arena/stadium shows currently.

Overall I could not be happier with how this turned out. Goldenstar and John went so far above and beyond to help me out. I think that speaks volumes about what they are willing to do for their customers (although I have not directly given them any money..............yet ). I have learned so much from this experience and am very grateful that there are still good people in this world, haha joking of course. Also, I want to note that they did not ask me to post this.

In all seriousness though, if there are any new laserists looking to get into the hobby/business for as little $ as possible, avoid CT Lasers at all costs because there is a reason why the prices are so cheap. It is a scam because the projectors are not modified to be legal in the US. Just because there is a sticker saying that it compiles, does not mean it truly does. I would encourage reading this guide from the FDA on what is required for a compliant system. Then, talk to John or Walt about purchasing because they are both trustworthy and most importantly, stay safe!

Johns Website: https://taiserver.com/
    Grant Kondourajian
    Owner/Operator

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I'm glad John could help you out! I've had some business dealings with him, most recently a temporary variance for an art installation in NY (very complicated) and they've all gone off without a hitch. I'd definitely do business with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightinggeenie View Post
    Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I originally posted, however, I was contacted by John Loughlin in September and he was able to help more then I could have imagined.

John is the US importer for Goldenstar and I believe he and Mimi saw my poor experience with Marc reselling their product. They wanted to separate themselves, so John offered to take the 3W and exchange it for one of his Club Cat 5W's, which is a Goldenstar 5W that is modified to comply with the FDA regulations. I can confirm that this projector has all of the required safety features added, including a shutter. He also worked hard to get my variance approved in time, so I could receive the system as soon as it was built. The process did take a couple of months due to Goldenstar being so busy at this time of year and I also waited about a month to post in order to give adequate time to test the projector. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with an ATA road case. It really blew away my 3W Lightspace projectors in terms of brightness and color. The beams are a bit larger out of the aperture but I am sure that is due to knife edging. One thing that Kvant boasts is pencil thin beams, but personally, I like the look of fatter beams, especially because I am not doing any arena/stadium shows currently.

Overall I could not be happier with how this turned out. Goldenstar and John went so far above and beyond to help me out. I think that speaks volumes about what they are willing to do for their customers (although I have not directly given them any money..............yet ). I have learned so much from this experience and am very grateful that there are still good people in this world, haha joking of course. Also, I want to note that they did not ask me to post this.

In all seriousness though, if there are any new laserists looking to get into the hobby/business for as little $ as possible, avoid CT Lasers at all costs because there is a reason why the prices are so cheap. It is a scam because the projectors are not modified to be legal in the US. Just because there is a sticker saying that it compiles, does not mean it truly does. I would encourage reading this guide from the FDA on what is required for a compliant system. Then, talk to John or Walt about purchasing because they are both trustworthy and most importantly, stay safe!

Johns Website: https://taiserver.com/
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

This was so long ago haha, but im glad Novo shared this to FB so that all of the new people know to stay far away from Marc.

Regardless, I have come a very long way since this post and its funny to think that I bought my first projector in 2018. I own 12+ systems from John now and I haven't had a single one of them need to be repaired. Id like to do a review of my fiber corrected 30w's soon (maybe with a radiator )! I highly recommend Tech Arts for anyone looking for affordable FDA compliant projectors that are durable and have a nice beam.
    Grant Kondourajian
    Owner/Operator

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightinggeenie View Post
    This was so long ago haha, but im glad Novo shared this to FB so that all of the new people know to stay far away from Marc.

Regardless, I have come a very long way since this post and its funny to think that I bought my first projector in 2018. I own 12+ systems from John now and I haven't had a single one of them need to be repaired. Id like to do a review of my fiber corrected 30w's soon (maybe with a radiator )! I highly recommend Tech Arts for anyone looking for affordable FDA compliant projectors that are durable and have a nice beam.
    We spent some time with the Radiator and one of those 30W projectors... It was stupidly fun

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.