Thread: More yellow

Default More yellow

I was playing with my 30mw of 565nm and wondered if I could blend up a little more power.

i tried the following

add a little blue-445. Just as expected lightens and shifts to white
    add a little aqua -488. This if very carefully done does shift the green yellow to more yellow yellow and does increase the apparent amount of yellow. Promising.
    add the yellow from green and red- I dislike the yellow from 520/450. Adding in 565 really helped fix this and let’s you adjust the yellow to taste. I combined 500mw red with blue to make the best yellow I could. I then blended in by little 30mw laser. Sorry....doesn’t work. Not enough juice. Best I could blend was 100mw red with blue plus the 30mw 565. Ratio looks about. 1red:0.3-565nm:0.9blue

hope this helps just my exciting Friday evening. I’m sure I’m just reinventing ar/Kr color blending from the old days but nobody seems to have written this down.

photos would be meaningless as cameras can’t seem to do yellow at all

I always found it a bit curious. Digital cameras are able to create pretty acurate color representations.

But shine a little monochromatic cyan or yellow their way and they totally fail.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I always found it a bit curious. Digital cameras are able to create pretty acurate color representations.

But shine a little monochromatic cyan or yellow their way and they totally fail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter. There is no yellow sensor just like our eyes.