Thread: Help/Suggestions

Default Help/Suggestions

I purchased this laser https://www.ebay.com/itm/ILDA-500mW-...53.m2749.l2649 on ebay. It came with ishow on the sd card. I've been playing around with the program and am trying to make text ilda's with it. Here's the text I'm trying to do:

2019 I'm trying to do 2 and 1 in blue colored text and 0 and 9 in gray. It shows correct in ishow but when I project it with the laser I get 2 and 1 green and 0 and 9 almost yellow

COLOR I try to do all blue and get green when projected

WAR I try do do all gray and get all yellow.

They all look great in ishow preview. Any suggestions.

Are there any easy to use software to make text with for idla? Must be able to be used with sd card lasers.

Thanks

Did the unit come with any pre-made frames? How do they look on the laser vs. in iShow? Are the colors right?

Are you sure you are trying to make true blue with an RGB value of 0, 0, 255? If you're trying to make cyan, 0, 255, 255, then it might look greenish.

Gray is kind-of a weird "color" to try to make with a laser projector. It's just dim white.

Does the SD card take ild files or ctn files?

After looking at the eBay listing, I would guess that this is not an analog modulated laser projector. That means you only have 7 color combinations to work with. Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta and White. So gray is out of the question. It is most likely sending enough voltage to turn on the Red and the Green lasers and not the blue; thus you get yellow.
    Last edited by james; 09-09-2018 at 12:28.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thank for your response James. To answer your questions.

Did the unit come with any pre-made frames? How do they look on the laser vs. in iShow? Are the colors right?
    Yes, it did come with pre-made frames and the colors look good on both the laser and in ishow

Are you sure you are trying to make true blue with an RGB value of 0, 0, 255? If you're trying to make cyan, 0, 255, 255, then it might look greenish.
    Am using true blue. Even tried using the rainbow feature in ishow and it shows weird colors when run thru the laser.

Gray is kind-of a weird "color" to try to make with a laser projector. It's just dim white.
    Your right.

Does the SD card take ild files or ctn files?
    Only ild

Am very new to laser and ishow. Will continue to play around with it and hopefully learn.

Default Copies of my ilda files

Changed a few things and still get the wrong colors.

Attached are my ild files. Hoping some one will take a look at them and see if the can figure out whats wrong.

The 2019 I'm trying to go all Blue now
    The Color and War a mixture of blue and red.

On another not the caribou2. Is it normal for it to flash when running?

Attached Files Attached Files

I am not familiar with iShow at all. Is there a way to select a color palette? Perhaps you have selected some palette other than the generic palette of 63 colors, sometimes called the Default Palette. I don't think your projector can read an ILDA section 2. That is a palette definition. I think it only reads ILDA section 0. That is a 3D frame and it is assumed to be using the Default Palette of 63 colors. Remember, your projector can only make 7 different colors!

Hang on!

I just opened your 2019. It is 10 identical frames with 2019 in a double stroked hollow font right at the top of the frame in dark orange. It's also ILDA format 5 (2D 24-bit color).

I think you need to make frames that are format 0 (3D palette - default 63 colors).

Actually, I'm surprised you get anything at all out of your projector with this file.

Caribu2 is using the Default Palette of 63 colors. But it's 2D format 1.

It might be in your best interest to understand what all of the ILDA file formats are and how they work. Then do some research about the program that is installed in your projector and see what formats it really supports.
    Last edited by james; 09-13-2018 at 10:38.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.