Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in high power 405nm diodes these days?

I was seeing some weird behavior using the built-in driver so I re-did my power and voltage versus current plot driving the diode directly. Turns out fold-back doesn't happen until around 1.5A with the diode making about 1.9W. I'd still recommend running at 1.0A for about 1.5W output. After I do beam measurements and divergence calcs, I'll spend some time trying to fully reverse engineer the driver board.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sounds great. what price are you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    I was seeing some weird behavior using the built-in driver so I re-did my power and voltage versus current plot driving the diode directly. Turns out fold-back doesn't happen until around 1.5A with the diode making about 1.9W. I'd still recommend running at 1.0A for about 1.5W output. After I do beam measurements and divergence calcs, I'll spend some time trying to fully reverse engineer the driver board.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

A bit more info - I measured the spot at 10m to be around 25 x 25mm (with the anamorphic correction) which gives a divergence of 2.5mrad.

I also plotted the 16X blu-ray diode power on the same chart as these guys so you can easily compare performance. Do note that I'm testing my diode with the anamorphic correction optic installed.

Might be interested in a few depending on pricing to round out the diode collection.

Default subscribing

... nice find-- TY for sharing-- hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

A bit more info - I measured the spot at 10m to be around 25 x 25mm (with the anamorphic correction) which gives a divergence of 2.5mrad.

I also plotted the 16X blu-ray diode power on the same chart as these guys so you can easily compare performance. Do note that I'm testing my diode with the anamorphic correction optic installed.
    Thanks for this, Junktronix!

So stepping back with my glow in the dark hat on <edit - I really want a glow in the dark hat now>, I'm thinking two of these stacked to get 3W of fill beams as opposed to my current 750mw of slightly de-focused fill beam from one single mode 16x diode.

I wonder if due to the poor corrected beam specs on the multimode diode if stacking 4 of the 750mw might make more sense to get 3W of fill beam. (Fills take forever compared to doing tight outlines, so a more powerful fill beam is certainly attractive either way.)

Please let us know if you get some pricing on these so we can evaluate the cost/benefit further.

Cheers!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

The beam shape at the module is roughly 1mm x 4mm so it should be reasonably easy to knife-edge a couple of them. Or 2 pairs combined with a waveplate and PBS cube. I'll PM Photonlexicon pricing since I'll be asking more for them from the general public

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

two pairs is a pretty scary amount of 405, but it would be really amazing to work with..

as long as you're not just burning up the wall.

The beam shape at the module is roughly 1mm x 4mm so it should be reasonably easy to knife-edge a couple of them. Or 2 pairs combined with a waveplate and PBS cube. I'll PM Photonlexicon pricing since I'll be asking more for them from the general public
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I may be interested depending on price

I may also be interested depending on price, let us know if you can sell the module as is also.