Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with projector.

Hello everyone.

All projectors have continuity between base and ground DC; if USB sound card is connected.
    I have done some test ... the problem of the line that is seen between the circles, is due to the red diode driver (I will have to replace it). This problem is identified.

But smaller on the center ... I can not identify the problem.
    There are some instants that the image appears correct (only a moment), I think it is not galvos adjustment (I have not touched any adjustment potentiometer!).

I have connected ILDA 25 to projector base (Norty 303); problem is the same (smaller on the center). When connecting DC ground to base, some noise appears in the speakers.

Smaller on the image center... I'm worried it's a problem in galvos. ?
    Please if you know any solution, let me know.
    Thank you.

Thank you very much for your help and excuse my expression, I use a translator because I do not know their language. Sorry!

Best regards.
    Juanma

I have a driver STANWAX Lowell LP 5/12v. (200-900mW).
    Can you replace Chinese 638nM/500mW, diode driver ???

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by juanma666 View Post
    All projectors have continuity between base and ground DC; if USB sound card is connected.
    This makes sense, for the reasons I posted above. It also means that it is not the cause of your problem, because all of your projectors have continuity between the DC ground and the case ground.

the problem of the line that is seen between the circles, is due to the red diode driver
    That also makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of a loose modulation wire, but a failed driver would do it too. Either way, the red laser isn't turning off as it should. A new driver should help.

I have a driver STANWAX Lowell LP 5/12v. (200-900mW).
    Can you replace Chinese 638nM/500mW, diode driver ???

The low power (LP) Stanwax driver has a maximum current of 750 milliamps. The maximum current for a 638 nm Mitsuibishi red diode is 800 milliamps, according to the data sheet. So you would be just below the maximum current. It should work, yes.

But smaller on the center ... I can not identify the problem.
    There are some instants that the image appears correct (only a moment)
    I think it is not galvos adjustment (I have not touched any adjustment potentiometer!)
    I don't think it is bad tuning, both because you mentioned that you haven't adjusted anything and also because tuning problems would show consistently bad images.

It sounds like you might have an intermittent problem on the X scanner amp itself. Something like a bad potentiometer for the linearity adjustment, maybe, or even a cold solder joint on the board somewhere...

Do you have another PT-40 amp that you can swap with the existing X amp to see if the problem goes away? (Don't worry that the amp won't be tuned exactly for the existing X galvo; it will be close enough to tell if the amp is the source of the problem or not.)

If installing a new amp doesn't fix the problem, then it just about has to be a problem with the position sensor in the galvo itself.

excuse my expression, I use a translator because I do not know their language. Sorry!
    No worries! You are doing a good job of getting your message across.

Adam

Hi, Adam.

Yes, I have another kit on one of my projectors; this weekend I will replace amplifier X to see what happens...
    And I will substitute Chinese red driver for StanWax Lowell LP.

Thank you.
    Best regards.

Juanma.

PS: I hope it's not an amplifier problem, because I would not know how to repair it, or where to send it. Sniff, sniff.

Hi Juamma;

If the X amp is bad, it will probably be easier to just replace it. Troubleshooting and repairing a scanner amp isn't really worth the time and effort, in my opinion. And if it is a problem with the position sensor in the X galvo, the same thing applies. Replacement is usually the least-painful answer.

The PT-40 scanners can be purchased for about $250 for an entire set; that includes two galvos, two amps, the power supply, the scanner mounting block, and all the cables. So if it comes to that, I would just buy a new set of scanners and install them, and then keep the old Y amp plus both old galvos as spare parts in case you have another failure sometime in the future.

One final thought: if you have only had the scanners for a short while, you may be able to submit a warranty claim on them.

Adam

Hi, Adam.

The set pt-A40, I bought it in May, only has 4 months, with very little use, since unfortunately I do not have too much time to dedicate to laser.
    This weekend I'll do the replacement tests ... I hope it's not an amplifier or galvo problem; but if it is, I'll get in touch with the seller.

Thank you very much, I will keep you informed.

Best regards.
    Juanma

Hi, Adam.

I have replaced red driver and no "ghost line" appears between points. (It was driver's problem).

The bad news is that I have done what you told me ... replace amplifier galvo X (PT-A40) another projector, and there is no problem of small in center.

Amplifier X, it does not work correctly, the set I bought it in May.
    I get in contact with the seller to offer me a solution, new set, very little use and it does not work properly; I hope the seller will give me a solution.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.
    Juanma

Hi Juanma;

Well, at least now you know how to fix it. Hopefully you can get the X amp replaced under warranty!

And no need to apologize! It was fun helping you troubleshoot the problem. Plus I know lots of people have enjoyed the pictures you've posted of all your projectors. If we can help you get that one fixed, that means you'll be able to post more pictures in the future!

All the best...

Adam

Hello Adam.

I wrote to the seller to offer me a solution.
    But after 6 days he has not answered.

To sell no problem, but for claims ....

I'm still waiting.

Best regards.
    Juanma