Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin question / Multiple boards

Question Pangolin question / Multiple boards

Question,

Can you run a QM2000 Pro card as Master, and a QM2000 basic card in the same mashine as a Slave card? Or do they have to be the same type cards?

From what I understand, they can all be intro cards now. Use to be you needed a pro or basic as a master then can have intro cards as slaves. But now you can have multiple intro cards to do the same thing. I think the limit is 30 or 32 cards total and use the "projector zones" to send certain parts of a show to a different scan heads. So the answer to your question, is absolutely!

Yup, and you don't even need them in the same machine with networking
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Ahh! very cool, I forgot about the network / Qm2000.net feature. Thanks for the info!! time for next purchase, anyone selling an intro card?

Hi guys,

You can operate multiple projectors with Pangolin software. Generally this is done by using a QM2000 board (or QM32, or Flashback, or... etc.) per projector, but some people take the output from a single board and make a Y-cable to drive multiple projectors that way.

In any event, in the case of multiple boards, these boards can be any type -- two Pros, two Basics, a Pro and a Basic, a Pro and an Intro, two Intros, etc. It doesn't matter, as long as the boards are SOMEWHERE that is accessible to the software on the host PC.

Note that the boards can be in the same PC, or the boards can be in separate PCs, and (most recently, using the QM2000.NET system) the boards can be in... no PCs...

So there are a lot of possible scenarios.

Best regards,

William Benner

Red face

HI William,
    again thanks for info on my scanner. One question about what you mentioned on the "Y cable", that would only split the signal to 2 projectors right? I am looking to control my Ct6800 scanners with a PCAOM on the Pro board, and a Catweazle scanner with an AOM for beam effects with two projection zones. I think I would be looking at 2 different boards right? Could I use a FB3 in any way for this scenario?

You can use a Y-Cable to split "all" signals coming from the output, in order to feed two separate projectors. But in this scenario, of course both projectors would be showing the same exact output... This is most often done for beam projectors on the left and right side of a stage.

Currently, the FB3 can not be used as a "slave" for secondary projector output from an LD2000 system.

Best regards,

William Benner

Smile

Ahh see, I gues I will buy an Intro, thanks again for all of the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    HI William,
    again thanks for info on my scanner. One question about what you mentioned on the "Y cable", that would only split the signal to 2 projectors right? I am looking to control my Ct6800 scanners with a PCAOM on the Pro board, and a Catweazle scanner with an AOM for beam effects with two projection zones. I think I would be looking at 2 different boards right? Could I use a FB3 in any way for this scenario?

we've had good luck just running two zones from the same projector.we do turn down the intensity of the beams so as not to take away too much power from the scans.
    we're running three watts though so i could see that not being optimal if your power is much lower than that.
    you can get independent motion from the zones that way though.

I have ever been running totally 5 boards to driver five projectors,in order to make each of projectors perform different beams.

Is there any other way to realize this?
    Last edited by Frank; 07-29-2007 at 21:53.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669