Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Caribb-LEM Mark IV! (Utila) March 13-23 2019 Registration details

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    650

    Default

    This is the year that I was planning on going, but with a new laserist is set to make his debut at the end of February/ begining of march, I'm not goign to be able to make it...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC/VA metro area
    Posts
    365

    Default Laser projectors?

    Are you all planning to bring projectors again? I know Bradfo hit a carry on snag returning.

  3. #23
    Bradfo69's Avatar
    Bradfo69 is online now Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    5,971

    Default

    I'm giving it some consideration, as we are still doing shows there. As much as we want RGB, I'd much prefer to put the 7 watt 520 in the suitcase. Still a ton of "bang" but a lot easer to transport than the 12 watt.
    PM Sent...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    619

    Default

    You guys have had a (fill in the blank) affect on me. I am seriously considering taking my X-laser Mobile Beat Mirage down to Bonaire next week. Just to do some shows at night for the 14 people on our dive trip and others at the resort. The only downside is I'd have to pack it in a flight case (I already have) and pay $40 baggage fee each way. So tempting.

  5. #25
    Bradfo69's Avatar
    Bradfo69 is online now Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    5,971

    Default

    Oh do it. You only live once and it's only money. Surprised you couldn't squeeze the Mirage into a suitcase wrapped in your clothes though. But, I guess you also have to factor scuba gear.
    PM Sent...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    619

    Default

    I probably could put it in my carry-on. But not sure I want to risk security like we did in Utila.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC/VA metro area
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm giving it some consideration, as we are still doing shows there. As much as we want RGB, I'd much prefer to put the 7 watt 520 in the suitcase. Still a ton of "bang" but a lot easer to transport than the 12 watt.
    Wow! 7 watt green! I have a 2 watt 532nm I got from XLaser that I was planning to build a wide scanning green only projector with. No where near 7 watts though! I was looking for cases that were optical deck over heatsink but tight in size and I never found what I was looking for.

    Makes sense and seems easy.

    I can't imagine the state of the projectors that live on island that we used before now given the island life of the hardware!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC/VA metro area
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    You guys have had a (fill in the blank) affect on me. I am seriously considering taking my X-laser Mobile Beat Mirage down to Bonaire next week. Just to do some shows at night for the 14 people on our dive trip and others at the resort. The only downside is I'd have to pack it in a flight case (I already have) and pay $40 baggage fee each way. So tempting.
    Is the Mirage the small single mode projector?

  9. #29
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Is the Mirage the small single mode projector?
    yes. the little ones adam was selling like crack at selem. great little projectors for the price.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC/VA metro area
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    yes. the little ones adam was selling like crack at selem. great little projectors for the price.
    Ah okay, yea I missed out on that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •