Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DAC_ILDA - using multi-channel audio interface to ILDA

I just ordered three of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...2a504c4dUle4Ge

You get a discount for every extra one you buy. Yes. It is coming on a slow boat from China, But it will get here, some day.

Also I still have these nice LaserBoy Correction Amp Kits available:

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0

They are $40 USD plus shipping.

You won't find a better kit anywhere. The circuit board is copper clad on only one side for super easy assembly. There is a substantial ground plane. All of the traces are as thick as possible. It even has 5v zener diodes to impose an absolute maximum voltage on the color channels, so no way to send 7+ volts to your laser mod inputs.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Tell me about this kit. Is it a bag of parts or is it good to go? I ran over my old one with my chair. I could fix it but I am tired of fixing things.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Tell me about this kit. Is it a bag of parts or is it good to go? I ran over my old one with my chair. I could fix it but I am tired of fixing things.
    Stop! Stop! I'm gonna pee!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pee.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	54759

Hi Gary.

Uh, yeah, I guess it is a bag of parts. But I could assemble one for you. I could also modify the sound device and put it all together.

Let me know what you want.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Hi Gary.

Uh, yeah, I guess it is a bag of parts. But I could assemble one for you. I could also modify the sound device and put it all together.

Let me know what you want.
    Would you be interested in trading a complete Soundcard DAC for a LaserDock DAC?

Would you be interested in trading a complete Soundcard DAC for a LaserDock DAC?
    Honestly, my whole interest in laser display is all about developing LaserBoy. So I don't really need any other kind of DAC. I hardly ever fire up my laser projector; only just to show it to people who have never seen one before.

I fiddle with the LB code from time to time and I send out the occasional kit or a whole built LaserBoy DAC.

BTW, I'm going to be releasing a new version of LB pretty soon!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Honestly, my whole interest in laser display is all about developing LaserBoy. So I don't really need any other kind of DAC. I hardly ever fire up my laser projector; only just to show it to people who have never seen one before.

I fiddle with the LB code from time to time and I send out the occasional kit or a whole built LaserBoy DAC.

BTW, I'm going to be releasing a new version of LB pretty soon!
    I know where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    We may be a little off topic here but to remove the settings for the sound card you have to right click the card in device manager and choose "uninstall" then select the option to delete the software. After that you have to delete the C:\Windows\cm106.ini file and reboot with the device unplugged. Then you have to delete the configuration settings in the registry.

The "howto" i wrote over at the laserboy forum will always work in windows 10 without relying on microsoft to supply the proper driver. The biggest issue with a M$ supplied driver is that they can update it without warning in windows 10. They will not update a third party driver the same way.
    Take Heed!
    ... or not... whatever ...

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials