Thread: JB Systems Scanner?

Default JB Systems Scanner?

Hiya guys
    Does anyone know anything about JB Systems scanners from Beglec, like built quality, speeds, reliablity and so forth?
    Cheers

As you have specified a dealer in Belgium, I assume you are in Europe. I have used THOMANN to purchase items from is the past, their service is excellent.

Regarding the scaners, I assume you are refering to "Intelligent Lights". Some of the items from JB Systems werent bad, but nothing to get excited over. I would recommend purchasing lights made by "Robe". They are probably one of the better makes at the lower end of the market. They are certainly good enough for professional use. If these are out of your price range, I would recommend "Abstract". I have had good experience with their kit. Additionally make sure you get fixtures designed to use Arc lamps. Halogen lamps have no where near enough power to be used for a decent shoe. They also suffer with short life times and fragility when hot.

Thanks for the advice, but im in South Africa so choice is limited, i was looking at there laser scanner, by the looks of there video clips on there website they look quite good. So far i've only been able to find JB systems laser scannners here, so i would like to know how they are.
    Cheers

My apologies, I got confused with JB Lighting, a manufacturer of stage lighting equipment.

Well does anyone know anything about the JB systems laser scanners?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by FokoP View Post
    Well does anyone know anything about the JB systems laser scanners?
    Hi FokoP,

I'm in Durban, South Africa, and I own both a Space Color (Red/Green/Yellow) Laser and a TwinScan (Dual Green). I must say I was miss lead by the online demo video of the Space Color, I am very disappointed in the projection scanners (they old floppy stepper motors with mirrors attached). The TwinScan on the other hand has 10K scanners and project a clearer image but this laser has been discontinued. So I take it you are thinking of the Space Color?

I am presently looking at building an IDLA laser as the Space Color has built in patterns and this limits what you can do with the laser (if you can call them patterns - more like fuzzy mixed up lines). These "patterns" are only accessed via DMX512 (channel 2) and it resets a lot under DMX512 control, I get annoyed and eventually put it into auto mode. If you looking at spending your money on a laser I suggest contact werner1619 on this forum, he runs Amazing Laser Light (http://www.amazinglaserlight.co.za/) in JHB and he has pointed me in the right direction.

If I knew what I knew today about the Space Color last year I would not have wasted my money.

I hope this helps... Paul_B

I was looking at the Space 2 laser, looks like its built well and the videos look cool. il have to shop around some more if they no good