Thread: Z-Fold Green Laser reallignment (Need help)

Default Z-Fold Green Laser reallignment (Need help)

Hello

I have one laser that doesn't work (at all) because it's seriously misalligned - it produced very weak beam and while trying to reallign it I got mad and unscrewed all parts ( I know that was stupid, I'm just not myself when I'm angry and it sometimes causes problems like that) - don't know what I expected to achieve from that. If it was just a linear cavity like in CNI MGL I'd be able to fix it, but with this type I have absolutely no idea what to do. Is it even possible to allign all elements properly in home environment, or the laser is now busted and I can only salvage the IR diode and throw the rest in the bin? I was trying to do some fiddling with camera but it turned out my phone camera does indeed see 808 but doesn't see 1064nm at all.What should I do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181112_173502.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by celas View Post
    Hello

I have one laser that doesn't work (at all) because it's seriously misalligned - it produced very weak beam and while trying to reallign it I got mad and unscrewed all parts ( I know that was stupid, I'm just not myself when I'm angry and it sometimes causes problems like that) - don't know what I expected to achieve from that. If it was just a linear cavity like in CNI MGL I'd be able to fix it, but with this type I have absolutely no idea what to do. Is it even possible to allign all elements properly in home environment, or the laser is now busted and I can only salvage the IR diode and throw the rest in the bin? I was trying to do some fiddling with camera but it turned out my phone camera does indeed see 808 but doesn't see 1064nm at all.What should I do?
    Try using a HeNe laser external to it to regain alignment? Never adjust more than one thing at a time!
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Do you have more pictures? From that angle it looks more like an L-fold, but it's really hard to see.