Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look Unique 2.1 hazer - Europe Only

Thomann do ship to US but its a flat rate minimum shipping of about 30 euros, so need to buy a bit to make it worthwhile.
    That said, I believe it is available from US distributors, and you can use any of the hazer fluid from Look, Smoke Factory or HazeBase as its all the same stuff.
    Pangolin sell the Tour Hazers so might be worth contacting them for prices on fluids.
    I tend to buy the 10L Look fluid from Thomann as it's most cost effective for my Smoke Factory and HazeBase machines
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

There are a few different suppliers here in the US that I can use for the haze fluid for the Look Unique 2.1 hazer. I also know a few folks in the area who have them. (LJK in Florida, for one, and I think Brad still has one too...)

And yeah, I can use the tour hazer fluid or the base hazer fluid if I want. Heck, I could probably just buy some from Froggy's Fog, but I think for now I will stick with the manufacturer's fluid.

Besides, at the rate this thing uses fluid I don't think I will need to buy any for quite a while!

Adam

Adam, be very careful off using different fluids in those machines.
    Froggys 'may' be fine, but I have good information from a large London rental house that they really don't like other fluid options, and it causes problems fairly quickly. We don't get Froggys over here, so can't comment on it, but I hear a lot about it on forums from US folks.
    Frikkin Lasers

Good info! Can you elaborate on the specific problems?

I was only mildly serious about using anything from Froggy's Fog. They do sell a wide variety of fluids, but interestingly they do not have anything listed for either the Look Unique or the Smoke Factory Tour Hazer. I have plenty of the stock fluid anyway, so I'll be using that for quite a while.

I've been told that the Look Unique and the Tour Hazer have the same internals and the only difference is the exterior case. However, even if that is true there still isn't any real benefit to using Tour Hazer fluid as it's both more expensive *and* harder to purchase (at least here in the US) than the stock fluid from Look Solutions.

A related issue: I have noticed a very slight smell with the Look Unique... It's a subtle thing though; it's nothing like the smell from a traditional glycol-based fogger. It's difficult to describe, but it's sort of a burnt-popcorn scent. Like I said though, it is very faint. Certainly nothing that would ever prevent me from using it.

My only interest in alternate fluids would be if there was another fluid that would perform equally well in the Look Unique but not have the slight odor. (That's the only reason why I'd ever try the Tour Hazer fluid, as I know it has no smell at all when running in the Tour Hazer.)

Adam

Mainly issues around clogging and noticeably poor performance compared to the proper fluids. Spitting and popping too I believe.
    FYI my Tour Hazer also has a different smell to my Base Hazer. I don't know if I'd describe it as burnt popcorn, but yes maybe slightly burnt 'something' and I would describe it as 'dryer' if that makes sense, if you held your hand in the stream.
    Maybe it is heating the fluid harder. I do have an uprated air pump in my TH2, which might be part of the difference. It's also an older machine than the Base Hazer, seen a few tours.
    Frikkin Lasers

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Bingo. I just don't find it quite as subtle with my unit.
    PM Sent...

This year at SELEM we should do a side-by-side comparison with the Look, the Tour Hazer, and a Base Hazer.

Adam