Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Laser media frequencies

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    Of course it isn't impossible to react a metal and a gas, how do you think rust is formed? Or any number of things for that matter.

I assume you're referring to uranium hexafluoride (solid, not gas) which is produced by reacting uranium tetrafluoride with fluorine. Fluorine is highly reactive (which is why it's not found in nature in its elemental form). There's not much it won't react with. You name it, fluorine probably reacts with it.

Argon on the other hand reacts with just about nothing, just like the other noble gasses. Basic chemistry.

Being a gas has nothing to do with it, the element and its chemical properties are what's important.

Why wouldn't he think you meant argon? You said Ar, which is argon. Given the level of knowledge you've expressed in this thread the assumption is that you meant to type GaAr instead of GaAs.
    So if uranium hexafloride is a solid how did they run it through membranes to separate isotopes. Yes Ar is a noble gas and is hard to react but noble gases can react, however, none of this is the point, the point is it was a typo and the responses to said typo are sophmoric, uneducated and unrefined. Like dealing with a loud mouth opportunistic sociopath.

I have had the displeasure of working with people like this in real life before, it is unfortunate that these people seem to be more numerous that I would have hoped. They poison in depth academic discourse and their presence is generally offensive, our culture and its laws enable their behavior.
    Last edited by akmetal; 12-29-2018 at 23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by akmetal View Post
    So if uranium hexafloride is a solid how did they run it through membranes to separate isotopes.
    ... it's a solid, which didn't melt, bud "sublimate" around 56 degC into vapour phase - so it can be treated like a gas ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

I have had the displeasure of working with people like this in real life before, it is unfortunate that these people seem to be more numerous that I would have hoped. They poison in depth academic discourse and their presence is generally offensive, our culture and its laws enable their behavior.
    And I've had the displeasure of working with people like you that think they're never wrong and always consider themselves the smartest people in the room. Although the opposite is usually the true. It's the arrogant "I am very smart!" attitude and people generally don't like it.

And I've had the displeasure of working with people like you that think they're never wrong and always consider themselves the smartest people in the room. Although the opposite is usually the true. It's the arrogant "I am very smart!" attitude and people generally don't like it.
    I haven’t once said that, if I knew everything I would not be seeking information....

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... it's a solid, which didn't melt, bud "sublimate" around 56 degC into vapour phase - so it can be treated like a gas ...

Viktor
    That is cool, the scientists and engineers back in the day were absolutely genious.

I couldn’t even break up a glass rod with oil, water and a hot knife into rashing rings last night ugh

Default idiot

""..................
    Last edited by kecked; 02-03-2019 at 06:58.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    https://youtu.be/QH2-TGUlwu4

something more your speed.

https://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2018-15.html

its a new year maybe you can win this year.

im having way too much fun with you....and at your expense. That really isn’t like me but you make it soooo easy. I will stop before my sides split from laughing.

It’s one thing to ask for help and quite another to not listen to ANYONE. Reflect on this and maybe grab a new nic and start over. Try laserpointerforum. You’ll think us gentle.

btw I applaude your desire to push the envelope. I frequently use this example. Hey build me a molecular transporter like from Star Trek. Easy to say. Likely impossible to do. Just because you can think it doesn’t make it possible. Oh no I just opened the door for yet another reply with a double post followed by a double post.

happy new year try starting over.
    My goal is going to be the same so is there something wrong with my posting style? I already found the ND YAG crystals I am just looking for the semi conductor material and dopants now. I need the right P and N type materials to lase in the absorption band of ND YAG. The ND YAG must be metastable so the higher energy 808 nm created by the electron hole interaction in the diode will stimulate emission in the ND YAG of 1064 nm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk_CbGJI41U&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOchLyNO_w&t=4s

Does anyone know what the relationship between voltage and intersitial layer thickness is?

Maybe I should go back to research gate?

My goal is going to be the same so is there something wrong with my posting style? I already found the ND YAG crystals I am just looking for the semi conductor material and dopants now. I need the right P and N type materials to lase in the absorption band of ND YAG. The ND YAG must be metastable so the higher energy 808 nm created by the electron hole interaction in the diode will stimulate emission in the ND YAG of 1064 nm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk_CbGJI41U&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOchLyNO_w&t=4s

Does anyone know what the relationship between voltage and intersitial layer thickness is?

Maybe I should go back to research gate?

As I stated on the other forum, it'll be orders of magnitude cheaper to just buy the diodes you want.

Not sure why I'm bothering, seeing as you don't want to listen to any advice from anyone that actually knows what they're talking about.

As I stated on the other forum, it'll be orders of magnitude cheaper to just buy the diodes you want.

Not sure why I'm bothering, seeing as you don't want to listen to any advice from anyone that actually knows what they're talking about.
    Because I have specific things I am trying to do and these things are not sold. I will be building the kiln this spring so that I can melt down materials to get the shapes I need. I will have to till up part of the yard pour gravel and a pad and then buy ultra high heat pourable ceramic and fire brick in a metal exteriour frame so i can mount the door. This will also be nice for glass blowing.

Isent this the advanced technical topics sub forum - isent simply stating to go buy something ready made kind of anti climatic? Do they sell diodes that already emit in 1064 nm and can be pumped with 220 volt 50 amp wall outlet without burning up? Can they reach out and toast something far away? I somehow doubt it.

Because I have specific things I am trying to do and these things are not sold. I will be building the kiln this spring so that I can melt down materials to get the shapes I need. I will have to till up part of the yard pour gravel and a pad and then buy ultra high heat pourable ceramic and fire brick in a metal exteriour frame so i can mount the door. This will also be nice for glass blowing.

Isent this the advanced technical topics sub forum - isent simply stating to go buy something ready made kind of anti climatic? Do they sell diodes that already emit in 1064 nm and can be pumped with 220 volt 50 amp wall outlet without burning up? Can they reach out and toast something far away? I somehow doubt it.
    808nm pump diode arrays exist and are commercially available into the kW range, in various configurations.