Thread: CleanTalk Anti Spam

Default CleanTalk Anti Spam

I was getting 5 to 50 spams a day on my LaserBoy Forum.

Then I subscribed to CleanTalk.

None.

https://cleantalk.org/

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I have a multi pronged spam prevention system running here already that appears to be running well enough. Are you getting pm/post spam here and not reporting it?

Also: update your email address on the board. I'm getting spammed by bounces from your previous host.

I can see 12 Spams about online prescription drugs from user philip.

I can't use my real email address of james at akrobiz dot com.

You blocked the account James Lehman many years ago. It's associated with that account.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Joy, user group spam, the best kind. That feature was disabled for years and I only recently enabled it, so I guess that explains how it got through.

The bounces I am seeing are related to the account you are currently using and you have the ability to update your email address for it.

As for the old account, what do you want to do with it?

I'm telling you that I cannot update my current account with my real email address because your forum app is telling me that it is already associated with my previous account.

There is a reasonable amount of time between the two accounts. Can they be merged into one?

current account james
    previouse account James Lehman
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

While I'm looking at crafting a sql query that updates UUID's - Which account do you want to be authoritative? More specifically, which login name do you want to use?

Well if the two accounts can be merged and I don't lose anything from my james account, I'd be happy to get James Lehman back.

If I have to set back time to the end of my James Lehman account and lose all my current stuff, I'd rather not.

Thanks!

James.
    Last edited by james; 12-16-2018 at 14:55.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Well if the two accounts can be merged and I don't lose anything from my james account, I'd be happy to get James Lehman back.

If I have to set back time to the end of my James Lehman account and lose all my current stuff, I'd rather not.

Thanks!

James.
    James, are you suggesting some sort of temporal incursion?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Temporal_incursion