I present today the c1969 model 200 argon ion laser from Carson Laboratories of Bristol, CT. The ad and new product introduction below are from Laser Focus of May, 1967.
LFMay67Carson.jpgCarson LF5:67.jpg
The laser is long and heavy and missing its feet so it will be a while before I get a replacement set made and put it back together, but I wanted to post anyway. The pics below show the cover and bottom pan, the plasma tube mounted on an I-beam resonator on the workbench, and a few close-ups.
Carson Cover Front.jpgCarson Cover Rear.jpgCarson Port Side.jpgCarson Passbank Side.jpgCarson Window.jpgCarson Cathode.jpg
Notice the passbank that's in the head, nice large Brewster's window, glass way covers, and some kind of optic that's 8" in front of the HR. I'll disassemble more later and take pics of it. There is also a unique mechanical monitor for the position of the mirror adjustments, seen in the pic below. The target is seen through the glass window on the ends of the head. This feature alone is worth a few hundred of the price for the laser.
Carson Adjustment Monitor.jpg


Reply With Quote
