Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would like some opinions on my setup

I had a long conversation with Bob yesterday and he gave me some great guidance on the show we are putting together.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    When you get some free time, peruse the threads in the "Meet and Greet" sub-forum here. In particular, I think you'll be interested in a little event we call "SELEM", aka the "South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting". I'm thinking you'll want to attend next August.
    Uh, yeah. Just this "little" thing we do...

And yes.... you want to. :-)
    PM Sent...

Hehe! Well, I didn't want to be accused of over-selling the event.

If he's chatted with Bob already, I have a feeling he knows about SELEM now. (And Tim, if Bob didn't mention SELEM to you yet, just ask him about it the next time you're on the phone with him. He'll tell you all about it!)

Adam

Woohoo. I received my outdoor laser show variance today.

The screen is built, the show is coming together (a lot more work than we thought it would be), dates are set, marketing has started, and I am pretty much worn out with 6 weeks left to go.

Now if I can just get KVANT to build and ship the laser I bought 7 weeks ago, we will be good to go.

We now have the scrim as well as a solid screen. The scrim and frame completely disappear at night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen 1.jpg  

Screen 2.jpg  

Looks good! I like the wide base legs; that will help a lot with support.

Just FYI, even though the scrim appears to be like a window screen, when it comes to the wind it behaves just like a sail. (You don't get much wind blowing through it; rather it will tend to catch the wind and try to soar like a kite.) So just be prepared for that and be sure you use extra guy ropes to steady the screen if there is any wind at all on the night of the show.

Hope it goes well for you!

Adam

Thanks for the comments. I do have guy ropes (they are black so you can just barely see them in the pics) tied off at the ends of the base and earth anchors at the ends as well. It has made it through 15+ mph winds so far without any issues. It is designed for 25.

And everyone is officially invited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flyer 3-1.jpg