Thread: Jenlas D2 DB-9 Pinout?

Default Jenlas D2 DB-9 Pinout?

Hello

Does anyone know the pinout for the DB-9 connector in jenlas d2 head (two thermistors and one tec I believe)? Don't want to open the head to check it manually
    Help very much appreciated!

PS: If someone knows which pot controls the diode and xtal tec on small CNI driver (the one with 3/4 pots [ttl/analogue]) I'd also need it - there was a thread on photonlexicon but the photo isn't there anymore

Although he doesn't check in here all that often, Aron Bacs (PL user: Lumia) knows these units inside and out and can probably quote it from memory. I'm pretty sure he also has some of the original docs.

Jeff Burnsides (rgb-gas) has two of the original Jenlas Schneider Showlasers; you may want to contact him and see if he has any info that might help too.

Adam

Hi Celas,

Pin 1 = LBO NTC 10kΩ Thermistor
    Pin 2 = LBO NTC 10kΩ Thermistor
    Pin 3 = NC
    Pin 4 = LBO TEC -VE
    Pin 5 = LBO TEC -VE
    Pin 6 = Diode NTC 10k Thermistor
    Pin 7 = Diode NTC 10k Thermistor
    Pin 8 = LBO TEC +VE
    Pin 9 = LBO TEC +VE

Hope that helps

Dan

Bonus: Under the hood naughtyness (not my pic). Would not recommend opening yours.

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Thats what I needed! Many thanks!

Anyway, these heads seem strange - mine has temperature setpoints written on label just a little bit above typical ambient temperature while the ones sold on ebay have much higher recommended temperatures. Also their LD Imax is different (mine is below 20A). I wonder how much amps it can take without breaking or significantly cutting diode lifetime - afaik there are no replacement diodes available. Maybe I could even run it at much higher power? Is there a chance that 5w version uses the same diode and I can drive my unit with its rated current?