Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Homebuild Featuring EyeMagic's Iris ColorSafe System

Really cool tool. And so many efforts to accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Indeed they offer now digital amps for the EMS-8000 galvos, it's actually a single board, dual axis amp. I own two and they are performing very well.
    With 5mm square aperture, they advertise 55k @7° and they are really doing that, even better. The large angle scan capabilities have always been amazing with those EyeMagic scanners (I own 9 sets so far), and with digital amps it's even more impressive as you can really abuse them without overheating or any other issue.
    Thanks for the info! Do you have any further information or know where any may be published? I've reached out a few times to Tom but got no response. I love the Saturns, they're amazing, but we don't have the kind of operation that makes them practical for us or us practical for Pangolin as a scanner customer.

Excellent work! Agree that mm1’s are the way to go when space permits.
    And the shutter mounting holes look like they would accommodate a Wobbulator quite nicely.
    Jes’ Sayin’...
    Runs with Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Thanks for the info! Do you have any further information or know where any may be published? I've reached out a few times to Tom but got no response. I love the Saturns, they're amazing, but we don't have the kind of operation that makes them practical for us or us practical for Pangolin as a scanner customer.
    Below is a compilation of informations I got from Tom :

It's a dual axis driver, Tom said that it drives the scanners with lower heat and much better stability, lower drift.
    It has integrated scansafety and 2 beam-table outputs that are activated using specific ILDA frames in your show (no need for extra TTL lines etc).
    It comes standard with a NanoAct shutter, which operates directly on the driver for scansafety. (plug and play, nothing is needed)

The driver is optimized for larger mirror sizes. It offers the following speeds :
    5mm square aperture : 55K@7deg ILDA
    6.5mm square aperture : 40K@7deg ILDA (our most sold scanner, perfect balance between beam size and performance)
    8.3mm square aperture : 34K@7deg ILDA
    10mm square aperture : 30K@6deg ILDA

Also, I have a set of 90k Saturns here, didn't made a side by side comparison yet but both are really good performers.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Below is a compilation of informations I got from Tom :

It's a dual axis driver, Tom said that it drives the scanners with lower heat and much better stability, lower drift.
    It has integrated scansafety and 2 beam-table outputs that are activated using specific ILDA frames in your show (no need for extra TTL lines etc).
    It comes standard with a NanoAct shutter, which operates directly on the driver for scansafety. (plug and play, nothing is needed)

The driver is optimized for larger mirror sizes. It offers the following speeds :
    5mm square aperture : 55K@7deg ILDA
    6.5mm square aperture : 40K@7deg ILDA (our most sold scanner, perfect balance between beam size and performance)
    8.3mm square aperture : 34K@7deg ILDA
    10mm square aperture : 30K@6deg ILDA

Also, I have a set of 90k Saturns here, didn't made a side by side comparison yet but both are really good performers.
    Thanks! That's super helpful. Also Tom reached out by PM for me to learn more, so we'll see what happens.

Got the projector and just want to say once more since I have it in hand. Holy crap the iris system rocks. Everything is perfect color from the dimmest to the bright3st. White is always white. Yellow is always yellow. You can see real gradations of color. It’s like watching material for the first time all new.

It was fun to turn on a show and have the laser perfect color but the brightness so low it barely looked on. Like watching laser on black cardboard. No room splash at all. Contract out the back side. Ice side effect. I have some adat materials not perfectly normalized. This did it for me on the fly. Nearly anything you toss at it it fixes. You can by adjusting gains chose your white warm cool. So it doesn’t take all your control away just makes what you pick perfect.

if you really are serious about graphics and color get one. And of course David did a wonderful job building it. Gitd next.

Great work David.

Marc are you planning to attend SELEM 2019? I would love to take a closer look at your new toy.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I found it to be a fun and educational build. (Well, except for that weird response from the 6215s that just ended up being time-consuming and frustrating.) I was most impressed with EyeMagic's Iris and am interested in adding it to at least a couple of my graphics builds assuming that it is still available. I am not aware of anything else that can do the low level control 'magic' that this system does.

For those of you who may consider buying some of these parts, I'll add that the dichro mounts for the PBS cubes (the brass ones) and the MM1 copies did not travel well requiring Kecked to make several adjustments upon receipt. I don't know if this was just a rough shipment, battling the record lows during the US East Coast cold snap, or an indication of the instability of these mounts, but I'm going to keep my eyes open if I use them in the future. Thankfully, Kecked made quick work of the re-alignment.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Default Selem

Can’t say yet. It’s matter of time and finances. I will however send it down by car if it comes. If Steve drives maybe he can transport it. I’ll pay his gas. Steve that’s an actual offer. I will never ship it again.