Thread: LaserShowGen

Default LaserShowGen

Has anybody got LaserShowGen to run on Linux? It seems to be an exicutable, which is not a linux thing. Would consider another show maker if it worked with Helios AND was on Linux. I only run MS Windows 10 in a virtual machine and I hate in there too.
    This my first post here in 10 years and I am building my second RGB after first one was destroyed.

The source code and the libs or environment that are linked to it would all need to be compiled in Linux.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by FireLite View Post
    Has anybody got LaserShowGen to run on Linux? It seems to be an exicutable, which is not a linux thing. Would consider another show maker if it worked with Helios AND was on Linux. I only run MS Windows 10 in a virtual machine and I hate in there too.
    This my first post here in 10 years and I am building my second RGB after first one was destroyed.
    If you go look at he LaserShowGen web page there is a link to a Linux Beta:

https://bitlasers.com/lasershowgen-sw/

Specifically the LINUX version link: https://github.com/Grix/ildagen/rele....9.3-Linux.zip

If you still have questions you should ask Grix. I believe it is written in something that can retargeted for different OS's.

I am running it on Ubuntu with no issues.

Let me know if you still need a hand.