Thread: Roger Daltrey's "One Of The Boys" Hologram

Default Roger Daltrey's "One Of The Boys" Hologram

Finally found a Roger Daltrey "One Of The Boys" DCG hologram pendants from 1977!!! Been looking for one for over 10 years, since finding the promotional window sticker below. The hologram is 2" diameter and I bought it sight unseen. Took a big chance on it as the seller said it has a couple "chips" on the edge. Well here it is! All gone around the edge but nice in the middle. I wonder if putting it into a vacuum will suck the moisture out and save it from certain destruction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daltrey Hologram.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	55112

From the web: "Vintage Roger Daltrey Hologram pendant by Selwyn Lissack (co-founder of Holographic Design Development Company) based on an original bronze sculptured head by Karen Newman. Originally sold as a strictly limited edition promotional item for Daltrey's 1977 album One Of The Boys." Press release materials are below. the hologram was made by Rich Rallison.

Name:	Daltrey Hologram Press Kit.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	55113

These holograms are apparently ultra-rare. Selwyn told me very few were ever ordered, and they were made before proper sealing against water vapor incursion was implemented. Hopefully, storage here in the Phoenix area will be better for it than Atlanta. Here's a picture of the poster-sized window sticker I also have, used to promote the hologram. I've seen one more of these posters offered.

Name:	DaltreyPoster.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	55114

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Kool...

Always wanted one of those..
    Drooled over the catalog..
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...