Thread: We should have seen this one comming. Idiots at work

Default We should have seen this one comming. Idiots at work

A local newspaper made an article about this idiot, cutting hair with a blue laser. I don`t know for how long he expects doing that handeling that beam like it`s totally harmless.
    What actually scares me is that the newspaper don`t mention the danger doing this at all. Probably lack of knowlage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTY3OEn7Hg

Datsurb
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    A local newspaper made an article about this idiot, cutting hair with a blue laser. I don`t know for how long he expects doing that handeling that beam like it`s totally harmless.
    What actually scares me is that the newspaper don`t mention the danger doing this at all. Probably lack of knowlage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTY3OEn7Hg

Datsurb
    What is the point in that? He isn't actually cutting hair, just singeing it. Probably just hype for customers that have more money than brains.

"Olmedo said the technique is safe and means the hair to not damaged by cutting." I'm no expert on hair, but I think burning is going to be worse in all respects as opposed to cutting.

That 3-6W beam although not corrected post-colimation has a high divergence, but you can see he's pointing it directly out a plate glass window that's about than a meter from the source. If the dude wants to blind himself, that's his business, but the poor people on the sidewalk outside . . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    "Olmedo said the technique is safe and means the hair to not damaged by cutting." I'm no expert on hair, but I think burning is going to be worse in all respects as opposed to cutting.

That 3-6W beam although not corrected post-colimation has a high divergence, but you can see he's pointing it directly out a plate glass window that's about than a meter from the source. If the dude wants to blind himself, that's his business, but the poor people on the sidewalk outside . . .

-David
    Olmedo is an idiot... or a genius!

I notice there are swords on display on his wall, possibly another method of cutting hair.

I bet his next thing will be trimming beards with a chainsaw... my god what an idiot.. literally aiming the beam out of the window of his store.. highly divergent beam or not.. that's still not safe.

At least he put what looks like laser goggles on his client. Pity the same can't be said for his own eyes or anyone waiting / passing by from the looks of it. At least one thing, if he blinds himself, he won't be lasering any more hair.

Don't you know it smells great in his salon!?

Hype just hype
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers