Thread: LSX Lasershow Xpress - mapping

Default LSX Lasershow Xpress - mapping

Hi Guys

I'm working on a mapping installation using lasers. I come from a projection mapping background, mapping makes sense for me in the world of video however coming across to lasers I've hit a few hurdles.

One thing I'm trying to discover is if LSX has a similar feature to Beyond, the Laser Cursor on live output? I can't find that feature with LSX, I'm wondering if anyone knows if theres something in LSX I'm missing?

Als, in Beyond you can covert / rasterize vector lines in to points. Is that possible in LSX too?

Quote Originally Posted by rebeloverlay View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm working on a mapping installation using lasers. I come from a projection mapping background, mapping makes sense for me in the world of video however coming across to lasers I've hit a few hurdles.

One thing I'm trying to discover is if LSX has a similar feature to Beyond, the Laser Cursor on live output? I can't find that feature with LSX, I'm wondering if anyone knows if theres something in LSX I'm missing?
    I'm not sure what you are referencing, but try this little something that the LSX developer put together a few years ago.

Als, in Beyond you can covert / rasterize vector lines in to points. Is that possible in LSX too?
    Are you referring to auto-tracing or just making a series of lines points instead? If the former, no LSX doesn't have that tool AFAIK. I use another tool for that. If the later simply clone each of the points using the Active Point Attributes dialog in the QuickPic or PicEdit tools and then assign the line from point to point with an attribute of Blank using the same dialog.

Happy Lasering!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"