Thread: problem with 200mw blue laser from aixiz

Default problem with 200mw blue laser from aixiz

I've bought from aixiz a 200mw 473nm laser, for the rgb projector i'm going to build.

Now i'm testing it, and i have noticed a strange behaviour: when I give power to the laser it starts with a very bright beam, but the output power decrease slowly... after few minutes the output power is stable at about 50% (sadly i don't have a power meter)

I tried to use the analog modulation, finding something similar: if I turn it off using the analog mod, and, after few seconds, turn it on again, the output power is much higher but in just 4-5 seconds it lowers to the low level that it had before.

The laser case is slightly warm, so i don't think this is a overheating problem...

So the questions are:
    I'm the only one unlucky person who had this problem?
    Which could be the cause of this problem?
    Any advice about where i can find a power meter an affordable price?

Default Ray NZ

Hi Denny,

I can't help you with your problem but I am sure one of our resident experts will step forward with some ideas.
    I just posted in the last week here questions about laser meters. There are a few good answers and Doc has given some good ideas. Failing that Viasho are saying they have one for around $400.00 US $..

Take a look..

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

Sounds like tec problems..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Yes. Get them to take it back and give you a refund, shipping at their expense. Even if you're running it without being mounted on a large metal plate to stabilise the case temperature, it shouldn't change that much in so short a time unless the TEC control is broken or nonexistent. That laser is so obviously wrong that you should claim your right to a refund to spend as you want.

There might be something that can be done to fix it, but if you try, they certainly won't take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Yes. Get them to take it back and give you a refund, shipping at their expense. Even if you're running it without being mounted on a large metal plate to stabilise the case temperature, it shouldn't change that much in so short a time unless the TEC control is broken or nonexistent. That laser is so obviously wrong that you should claim your right to a refund to spend as you want.
    That's what i'm going to do.

Do you think this is due to a faulty unit, or simply because this is a very low quality laser? I'm wondering if I should ask the money back, or a new unit.

I don't kow who built this laser, but i'll ask to aixiz...

Someone else here will know more, but I think I read that Aixiz resold Viasho lasers, amongst others. Considering you can get a good CNI laser from LaserShowParts, it's worth angling for that refund. If you settle for anything else, you won't get the freedom to choose. There's too much wrong with that laser to risk suggesting you'll take another, especially if you aren't being told up front what you are getting.

Money back and get CNI!
    Don't waist you time.

Aixiz happens to be a really good company, some of their products unfortunately are not very good though. My advice would be to return the unit, and have them credit your purchase price toward a CNI (Aixiz is a dealer for CNI). Just like anything else you get what you pay for.

ops, I haven't updated the story

In the end, aixiz sent me a new unit, which is now working properly. (well... for the moment...)

I've asked him to send me a cni laser (paying the difference), or give me the money back, but he didn't answered...

Thumbs up

It figures you didn't get a reply. I think they have their spam filter set up... wierd... At least you got a replacment and it is working well.