Thread: Typical newbie introduction and request with a sincere thank you

Default Typical newbie introduction and request with a sincere thank you

First off thank you for letting me joining this forum. I wished I would have found it sooner prior to making any purchases. Ive gone through quite a few pages of posts and followed the links, downloaded some freeware, read your recommendations and reviews. Just absorbed as much as I could as fast as I could.

I did the typical newbie thing and bought a BlueOcean LH-RGB-222 ( 30) off one of those popup ads thinking I would add some flair to my bands live shows. I had no idea I was jumping off the deep end of a lifelong learning experience and such a learning curve. Im excited for this adventure... but at the same time, now realize I need to make smarter decisions and not just 'jump' . Truthfully, my original goal was only to display the band logo during live sets. My aspirations has since evolved thanks to the inspiration found here.

Since joining this forum I have since ordered QuickShow and a FB interface. I realize my cheapy laser unit has limitations and ONLY reads simple ILD files ... thus am currently saving and researching other units for future use.

I really wanted to say thank you for all the information on this site... but I also would like to shoot out a plea for mercy and help LOL.

Since I am currently awaiting delivery of QS and such... is there anyone that could possibly trace our logo in a red and white ( simple as possible) in an ILD format so I can save on this stupid sd card and use for an upcoming show at our local pub? 5 second length is all i need since i can choose repetitions. Animation is not necessary at all... unless someone feels spunky and then its appreciated. I will not as of now be doing any dmx.. just simply turn on and let various stock art run with the inclusion of that logo .

Figured I would ask, it would buy me time to get a better grasp on which direction I need to go, and ease some stress so I can focus on saving for another unit ( or units) .

But sincere... cheers and thanks for even reading this. Humbled by this new world and looking forward to the albeit expensive but unlimited journey. Thanks - Bryan Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56956484_684702045279085_1440577677990821888_n.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	55300
    Last edited by BAltman; 04-10-2019 at 15:14.

You can save that as a bitmap file and open it in LaserBoy to trace vectors over it.

It's a colossal pain in the ass to do that, until you figure it out. Then it is really simple and relatively fast; much like everything else about LaserBoy.

There are lots of built in effects that can be applied to a single frame to create an animation.

If you are at all intrigued, look at this whole thread:

https://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=551.0

There is a lot there.

Plus you can ask me about any of it.

Please use the current version.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

thanks. downloaded it earlier today and got frustrated with myself. With your writeup; however... on it. Nothing ventured nothing gained . Thanks for the reply. It IS a pain to work with that software. Even willing to pay someone to get me out of this bind. lol. Cheers
    Last edited by BAltman; 04-10-2019 at 16:13.

You only have to draw the vectors you need to represent the image.

LaserBoy will add all the points that make it work on scanners (optimization).

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It has a very steep learning curve. But you might have multiple epiphanies on the way up. It does represent laser vector art very precisely.

Just remember to breath.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

There are probably some changes to the keys in the menus described in that thread. That shouldn't be much of an issue.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Welcome to the forum!

Convert your image to .bmp in Paint and try using BMP2ILD- I don't know what happened to the original link to the person who wrote it, but here's the app.
    Attached Files Attached Files